Mazda World Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
849 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all,

just a quick write up on helping you guys to get your dashes out if need be plus part numbers to help with part diagnostics

1. remove under dash dress panels from passenger and drivers side.

2. under dash where steering column is (4 bolts). Undo and drop column for time being, when the dash is out screw the 4 screws back in to hold column up for any future needs to move car while dash is out.

3. remove centre console between seats

4. the bottom bolting points of dash to transtunnel. (4 bolts). undo

·
Registered
849 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
5. left side of dash on end. Remove cover panel in between dash and door to get access to this (2 bolts)

6. Right side of dash on end. Remove cover panel in between dash and door to get access to this (2 bolts)

7. unclip electrical cluster of plugs (behind glove box area on passenger side)

8. unclip electrical cluster of plugs (drivers side)

·
Registered
849 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
9. center at top of dash in between vents is a small panel. Remove panel to access mounting bolt of dash (1 bolt). Note garage supervisor making sure everything is done properly!! Lol

NOW THE DASH SHOULD COME OUT PROVIDING THE ODOMETER IS OUT AND SPEEDO CABLE HAS BEEN DISCONNECTED FROM IT..

·
Registered
849 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
now the stuff under the dash

heater core unit - also note if the thermostat shown in bottom left with 2 plugs in it. If it isn’t working properly this can effect the motor from being controlled properly as that’s how it regulates heat..
Ie thermostat senses set temp and the motor closes the flap to lessen the amount of heat flowing into cabin. That im aware of.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Excellent write up sim, im sure most of us will need it sometime.

·
Registered
263 Posts
great write up sim. i have a feeling i might have to pull my dash out to replace the heater core too, so this really helps. just wondering tho if that whole massive unit behind the dash is the "heater core" or is it a small radiator looking object stored inside that unit youve pulled out.

cheers.
james.

·
Registered
849 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
hi guys,

the massive unit is the heater box.

you need to take that out to get the heater core out. if you didnt have your engine in you could slide the core out through the firewall once you undo a couple of bolts.

·
Registered
932 Posts
well done sim great write up!

·
Registered
387 Posts
We should make a master thread, so gold nuggets like this don't get lost.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Yes, the thread maker must update and put everything in the correct section, but the rest should be a community effort.

anyone know who the admin for 929 section is?

·
Banned by Goliat6288
3,866 Posts
hey hey hey.... i feel offended guys... im like the only millenia guy who comes over and invades ur 929 space and no one has noticed im also a mod... SMH at u guys... This shall go to the tech section. Anything else i can do let me know.

·
Registered
849 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
sorry dude didnt notice..

were pretty harmonious in this section so mod help isnt needed a great deal..

thanks for moving the thread..

cheers

1 - 20 of 21 Posts