Mazda World Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to replace the factory 6x9's with some Kenwood 6x9's and I need some direction on removing the rear deck. I have a 2000 2.5L model without the rear deck storage compartment. All I can see that is holding it in is four metal clips. I have compressed the clips but it still won't come out. Can someone please help? Thanks!

·
Registered
24 Posts
i changed out my rear deck on my own and heres how it goes

fist u gotta take out the bottom seat
then u gotta remove about 3 bolts to take the back seat out
pull the back seat up and out...kinda difficult
then there are about 4 of those plastic 'nail' things u gotta take off
u also gotta take off the floor skuff plates on both sides
also gotta take off the side panel off (map light area off)
and also some anotehr plastic piece off that is attached to the scuff plate..which can be removed by 2 more of those plastic pin or nail type things
then u pretty much have to pop out the rear dash out....on my 2000 i dont think it came completely off...gotta work with it in there. then the rest should be easy...pop everything back in....the dash can be difficult to pop back in.
oh i would recommend cleaning the dash first.....touching the dirty dash and then everything else including the cloth in the panel where the light is can get everything dirty. well i tried explaining it so good luck and tell me how it goes. i think time should take an hour to hour and a half.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
I had the same problem... I ended up getting my speakers installed but the installer said it just popped out... and all I did was take out two screws and four plastic things. I have a center storage compartment though so it is probably different. Good choice w/ the kenwood's though... I got KFC-6909's (I think that's the model number) anyways the 4 way ones and they sound good. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts