Mazda World Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car is running rich and fowling plugs all the time, just serviced it and still is running the same. We think it’s the fuel sensor but we wouldn’t have a clue, if anyone could help me know what’s going on with my car would be great to hear thank you

·
Administrator
184 Posts
Nah not yet wanted to ask you blokes first to see what’s going on see if you fellas knew anything before I spend dosh
Well...I am no mechanic dude but you know it is pretty hard to diagnose a problem with a car unless it is in front of you.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well...I am no mechanic dude but you know it is pretty hard to diagnose a problem with a car unless it is in front of you.
Look bud cheers for trying to help but I came to this page to see if anyone else had the same problem and if they did they could help me out clearly not. Thanks for putting ya two cents worth in.

·
Administrator
184 Posts
Look bud cheers for trying to help but I came to this page to see if anyone else had the same problem and if they did they could help me out clearly not. Thanks for putting ya two cents worth in.
I agree, hopefully you will get some help. Take care.

·
Registered
1986 Mazda B2000 SE-5 Long Bed
10 Posts
Have you pulled codes? Is your CEL on?
Rich condition on a fuel injected truck like a B2600i can be caused by dozens of things, we need more information.

Turn your key to run and let the seatbelt buzzer time out, then drive your truck about 15 miles at varying speeds and let it idle for about 5 minutes when hot, AC on and AC off if you have it.
Then pull codes. This will give the computer time to relearn if the battery has been disconnected or if codes were recently cleared.

O2 sensors are common on older trucks like these but a leaky injector would not surprise me either.

·
Registered
8 Posts
My car is running rich and fowling plugs all the time, just serviced it and still is running the same. We think it’s the fuel sensor but we wouldn’t have a clue, if anyone could help me know what’s going on with my car would be great to hear thank you
Did you replace ignition components? If so it sounds like a fuel issue, a pressure test might be in order.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts