Mazda World Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good day to everyone! I posted this in the wrong forum earlier and want to make sure I reached to right people/members. I recently acquired a 1992 B2600i SE5 4X4. When the weather was Summer like, I had no issues. Now that the weather has turned more like Fall, it's a different story! I'll try and give as much info as I can without boring everyone. When I go to start up in the morning now, it starts fine; HOWEVER, when I go to leave and start to get the rpm's up, it acts like it's starving for gas and practically dies. I take my foot off the gas and the idle evens out and it stays at about 1k. occasionally bumping up to 2k. As soon as I go to leave and even feather the gas pedal, it drops down to about 500 rpm, and if I hold the gas pedal say, halfway, it will cough, sputter, spit and backfire until I let up on the throttle. So, I have to keep letting it idle and then try to go and go in this vicious circle until whatever the reason is, goes away. While driving at normal or slow speeds, it's fine as long as I keep the rpm's up. Like I can't cruise at say 30mph in 3rd gear, without it "acting up". If I let it set for a short while like say going to the store, it's fine: however, if I let it set for say 2 hrs., I'll have to go through the same circle until I think it's warmed up again.

I would appreciate any and all suggestions and I thank you all in advance for taking the time out of your day to lend a hand!

·
Registered
139 Posts
You will need to focus your audience to your thread here by posting in this forum group.....

That said, it sounds like you have a sensor that is bad, or the wiring to it is broken and not getting the required info to the ECU. The B2600i has one or two sensors that may be causing your issues......both are temperature sensors for the ECU....one is for the Air Temp. sensor in the front of the intake manifold, the other is the Coolant Temp sensor in the top of the Thermostat Housing.

I would check the wiring to both of these first......then remove them and test them per the Factory Service Manual.......you can do a search online for a free .pdf version of the 1992 B2600i Factory Service Manual.

I would start with the correct Coolant Temp Sensor (there are two on the Thermostat Housing, one is a single pin that is for the dash temperature gauge only) that has multiple pins and is pictured here, directly below, circled in yellow highlighter......

Automotive fuel system Light Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design

.......especially since it seems to run better once the motor is up to operating temperature.

If the Coolant Temp. Sensor & wiring check out fine, then move on to the Air Temp. Sensor pictured below, again, circled in yellow highlighter.....

Automotive fuel system Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive exterior Auto part

Good luck, and let us know what you find out.......but I would definitely start a thread on this in the correct forum that I linked above. It could be a couple of different issues also, but we can discuss those once you check these two items first.

BTW, welcome to the forum!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts