Mazda World Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 01 ES 3.0L tribute. As long as you dont take her out of her comfort zone (changing parts unnecessarily or pushing her harder than nice) One day driving home from work i had to punch the accelerator and took the engine to almost 5000 rpms. The mil came on gave me a emissions code. Cant remember the code because i replaced the vacuum lines and a different code appeared replacing the other. P1409. I replaced the dss sensor and no change. (I would like to know how to test these sensors) anyway it idles as if the pcv valve is bad. My scan tool says replace the egr pressure sensor. Before i go replacing all these parts, i know there are many things that can be causing this. From air filter to coils to catalytic converters. I can literally list 15 possible causes. I just want to know three things. 1. Has anyone had a similar issue after messing with the vacuum lines and fixed it? 2. Does anyone know where to get an actual photo of the vacuum lines so i can see if i switched a hose in the wrong place. And 3. What is everyones opinion about buying these parts for the salvage yard i.e. egr valve, egr pressure sensor, dss sensor etc.... thanks.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have 01 ES 3.0L tribute. As long as you dont take her out of her comfort zone (changing parts unnecessarily or pushing her harder than nice) One day driving home from work i had to punch the accelerator and took the engine to almost 5000 rpms. The mil came on gave me a emissions code. Cant remember the code because i replaced the vacuum lines and a different code appeared replacing the other. P1409. I replaced the dss sensor and no change. (I would like to know how to test these sensors) anyway it idles as if the pcv valve is bad. My scan tool says replace the egr pressure sensor. Before i go replacing all these parts, i know there are many things that can be causing this. From air filter to coils to catalytic converters. I can literally list 15 possible causes. I just want to know three things. 1. Has anyone had a similar issue after messing with the vacuum lines and fixed it? 2. Does anyone know where to get an actual photo of the vacuum lines so i can see if i switched a hose in the wrong place. And 3. What is everyones opinion about buying these parts for the salvage yard i.e. egr valve, egr pressure sensor, dss sensor etc.... thanks.
Hello,
Have you tried DENSO parts ? Check it out.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello,
We are experiencing similar problem with codes, especially with engine light coming up, not to mention the dashboard is hot and always been. Nobody knows why. Mazda service pushes for replacement of parts.
We’re seeking second opinion. I believe MAF, Throttle Body or Idle Air Control Valve are dirty because of the sudden rough idling and stalling. But, as you already said, it could be something else as well. Our car performance was great till recently and we were at the Mazda service 3x since December 2021.
Sorry, it doesn’t answer your question. I joined the Mazda community to find out more about our car’s issues.
Formula One Girl CA

1 - 3 of 3 Posts