Mazda World Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
But there will be NO downtime, and NO messages lost.

I'm moving the domain to 'mazdaworld.org', a domain I just recently registered. Since the Mazda Millenia is no longer being produced, I'd love to keep this site going for just this car. However, the entire Mazda lineup is changing.

I have thought it over, but we need to also get dealer and performance part contacts. The more members we have, the easier it will be to have performance part companies produce things for the Mazda Millenia, something that the Millenia has been lacking in for a long time.

Also, since the engine of this car is shared with the Mazda 626, perhaps 626 owners can give us Millenia owners some help on problems we may encounter.

It took me a long time to come to this decision, but I feel it's the appropriate one. Since the Millenia is no longer produced, and my next car will be another Mazda, it seems reasonable to have a Mazda site, so that I keep it up-to-date because it's in my own interest. I don't make any money off the site, but I'd hate to see it deform because I got lazy and uninterested (which no doubt might happen, especially if I no longer have the car!).

But don't worry, as I mentioned... nothing will be lost. Just continue to use the forums as you always have, and the same members will be present on the new boards automatically. We probably won't have a gallery any longer, but that is for bandwith reasons moreso than anything else. If we get some sponsors, perhaps I can think about bringing it back, because the cost runs to be too great otherwise.

Thanks for all your support guys (and gals)!

Shayaan

ps. - If at any point, you can't access the board, try 'mazdaworld.org'. I should inform you much beforehand on when this transition will take place, but in the meanwhile... please bear with me.

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
An addendum:

If you notice, the forum is changing layout. It will no longer be Millenia-only, and thus I'm modifying the forum in that respect.

I know many of you may be upset, but hopefully if the board membership reaches a higher level, then performance part makers will take note, and we will have some leeway in appealing to them to make Millenia performance parts.

I'm also working on the technical guides.. of course, I can only do things for the Millenia, but I hope that this site becomes the premier site for all things Mazda. I'd hoped to keep the Millenia portion of the site running strong, but with only 50 members, and a low attendance monthly... there seems to be no point. However, with more broad appeal, we will move this forum into the next generation of Mazdas, as well as keeping with our current Millenia's.

Any comments can be posted in the Feedback forum. Thanks again for bearing with me.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts