Mazda World Forum banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
As per recent request on here I will start an injector cleaning group buy.

Objective:
This group buy will aim at cleaning, balancing, and blueprinting your OEM 2.5L (green or blue top) or 2.3S (red top) injectors. Full before and after volumetric flow rates will be returned along with your balanced set of injectors.

The process:
Once your injectors arrive they will be thoroughly inspected. Any dead, broken, or out of spec (electrically) injectors will be returned and no further work will be performed. This is mainly due to non-serviceable internal components within the injector.
Your injectors will be flow tested, recorded, and a baseline flow rate will be established as they arrive for before and after comparison. The injectors will then be stripped of the pintle cap and O-rings for thorough cleaning. They will be placed in a custom fixture and pulsed via oscilloscope and a warble of pulse widths ranging from 0ms to 25ms and up to a 90% duty cycle while being back flushed in an ultrasonic bath of solvent similar in density to gasoline. The flushing solvent will be run through the injectors at 40psi from a common fuel rail. Flow rate will be calculated based on volumetric flow and time.
The secondary stage of the cleaning process will measure spray pattern and forward flow rate. Each injector will be recorded and blueprinted at this point for balancing later on. Leaky injectors that were not remedied from the cleaning process will be noted and flagged. It is up the the customer's discretion to have those injectors rebuilt. Once all your injectors are cleaned and blueprinted they will be rebuilt with new O-rings and pintle caps. A final flow test will be done to verify before and after results. Your injectors will then be returned with detail printouts for each injector and batched together based on flow characteristics.

Pricing:

The going rate for injector cleaning service runs ~$25-$30 per injector. If we are able to get 10+ people on this group buy I will deeply discount that price to $15 an injector which includes a complete rebuild, cleaning, and balancing. If there are less than 10 committed the price will be $20 per injector.

Shipping:
There is NO limit on the number of injectors sent in per customer. It is obviously beneficial to you to send in as many injectors as you can to ensure proper balancing and grouping of similar flow pattern and volumetric flow rates. Turnaround will be 2 business days. Customer will cover to and return shipping costs.

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
i got 2 sets, so count me in. also, gimme a list of parts, like the o rings, and i will see what is available from a couple of aftermarket places. right now, the only deals i see is the upper o ring, not the very top one(NF01-13-ZG3), for .31, and the seal btwn the injector and the head(KL02-13-257), 2.33. however, quantities might be limited. i checked all the injector seals, and these are the only ones i can see that are less that tasca.

·
4,952 Posts
Thanks Yel-low! This is a great opportunity as almost all of us have higher mileage Millies now. The cost is effectively zero since cleaned and matched (balanced) injectors will improve mpg and discount themselves over a short period of time.

I am in with 2 sets. I will send a used set from ebay and then send my current set once I swap them.

One side note, can you add the washers and other stuff that we need to change? You can charge a little extra and save us the shipping cost from Tasca.

And when is the deadline to join in?

·
Registered
647 Posts
I am in for one - if I could find a good used set from ebay for a 2.5, I'd be in for two.

Provided someone gives me slight direction on how to remove them!!

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Removing them is very simple and I may follow up with a write-up on how to do that.

As for sending one sent in after a another I was advise against that Saint. If you can do without a the Millenia for a few days I would send all 12 in at once. That would give you a better chance of pairing the best possible injectors with similar flow rates. Injectors go for next to nothing at salvage yards and the more you send in the better your chance of having perfectly matched flow rates.

If this group buy progresses I will hunt down my local salvage yards and pick out all the injectors I can find. This will allow me to send properly matched injectors rather than just cleaning your old un-matched ones.

·
4,952 Posts
How much do they usually cost in junk yard? I dont know any junk yard around. The closest one is too far.

If we all send at once maybe you can better group them? I dont mind mixing and matching my injectors with the ones from (ex.) ken. Especially since you already thoroughly test them.

i need a time frame for mine. I am in a hurry since I need to pass the smog check here. So I would prefer you set a deadline to join.

I will also ask in .net. I am sure there will be people who wants to join.

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
How much do they usually cost in junk yard? I dont know any junk yard around. The closest one is too far.

If we all send at once maybe you can better group them? I dont mind mixing and matching my injectors with the ones from (ex.) ken. Especially since you already thoroughly test them.

i need a time frame for mine. I am in a hurry since I need to pass the smog check here. So I would prefer you set a deadline to join.

I will also ask in .net. I am sure there will be people who wants to join.
i have 2 sets, one in the rails, sitting here. i can send them to randy any time, and he can clean them and send them to you, then you can send yours. there is a set on ebay right now for 70 bucks. there are a couple salvage cars up on craig's list locally, but i will have to pull them, and they are not very close to where i live. i dont think you will find them much cheaper that 70 bucks for a set.

·
4,952 Posts
Unfortunately I cannot let Milly sit. My only car and I can only work on it on weekends. I prefer buying a used set than paying for a rental for a week.

I already got a set off ebay. I can send them soon. So we have 3 sets for 2.3 that he can mix and match. BTW bigb has a set for sale if anyone is interested.

Any one else for 2.3? The more the merrier :)

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
There seems to be 3 confirmed people on this right now. I also have a set of 2.5 injectors that I can pull from for anyone that needs to do a swap rather than wait.

I say a good cut off date to see if this buy is a go or no-go will be this Friday 5/18. If we do not get the required 10 people in by then I'll pull this group buy down and wait until there is enough interest.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Agreed with ken on ebay price of $70 including free shipping being cheapest you'll find. There's a local yard here that has both 2.3 and 2.5. Prices:

$59.94 injector ($9.99 x 6)
$ 9.00 injector core ($1.50 x 6)
$10.00 tax, environmental fees
===========
$78.94 total if you pulled them

$15.00 shipping and insurance (if they offered it)
==========
$93.94 total

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts

·
Registered
647 Posts
The ones that are on the car right now, hopefully (assuming easy to remove / add :)

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
So I'm shamelessly plugging my own thread here but I have 3 separate sets of injectors for sale you could consider an alternate source. Admittedly more expensive than ebay I will be honest.

The point of this post is I'm sure if you offer Randy a little extra cash and you order a complete fuel rail from me, he can not only clean, but also re-assemble the rail for you so that you just have to drop it in the car without much fuss

http://forums.mazdaworld.org/100-millenia/93960-selling-off-some-my-huge-stash-parts-pictures.html

similarly if you buy a complete fuel rail from ebay of course

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The point of this post is I'm sure if you offer Randy a little extra cash and you order a complete fuel rail from me, he can not only clean, but also re-assemble the rail for you so that you just have to drop it in the car without much fuss
That is a GREAT option Big! Thanks for bringing that up. My 2.5 injectors are still in a spare rail too. I could just do a complete swap with the rails cleaned and preloaded with injectors for those not wanting to deal with the trouble.

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I'm currently working on getting a setup to photograph the before and after spray patterns. With my current cam its a bit difficult to see the entire spray patter in detail. I heard that using a strobe may help freeze the pattern long enough for it not to come out blurry. I'm going to ask some of my friends that are heavily into photography to give me a hand because to devoid you guys of the before and after visual result would be a shame. Its really gratifying to see the results of a proper cleaning.:D

·
4,952 Posts
I'm currently working on getting a setup to photograph the before and after spray patterns. With my current cam its a bit difficult to see the entire spray patter in detail. I heard that using a strobe may help freeze the pattern long enough for it not to come out blurry. I'm going to ask some of my friends that are heavily into photography to give me a hand because to devoid you guys of the before and after visual result would be a shame. Its really gratifying to see the results of a proper cleaning.:D
I am into photography :) What kind of camera do you have? You need lots of light and pump up the ISO to have a high speed frame.

But do we really need to freeze the frame?

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I know nothing about photography other than point and shoot. I guess you don't need to freeze the frame it we bump up the ISO. I'll have a friend do the shooting from now on.
My cam is a Sony Cyber-shot. His cam is worth more than my Millenia:eek:

·
Registered
647 Posts
I'd be interested in your parts, bigb, but aren't they for an S? I have a 2.5...

1 - 20 of 52 Posts