Mazda World Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:?

First of all, Shayaan thanks a lot for getting this board up again.

It is a continuation to the thread which was initiated in the last board.

After monitoring the intermittent chirping noise (apparently coming from dashboard), it seems that it becomes pronounced when the car is loaded, I mean when there is more than 2 passengers in the car and/or it is carrying luggage.

Ideas ?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Sounds like it can be your struts. How is your car rideing right now? Is it a bit bouncy? Have the chassis and suspension lube done and see if that works.

·
Registered
56 Posts
At what speeds is this happening. If its at highway speeds 120 kms and over and sounds like a flapping noise it could be a wind noise. Put a masking tape all around the windshield and see if it goes away - then have the dealership replace the windshield seal. The noise I had in my 2001 Millenia baffled the technician.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Also, I had a noise at slow speeds over bumps from the right rear shocks. Dealership might state that the shocks are tight etc. etc. and there is nothing wrong. One went so far as to suggest removal of rear seats to identify the problem and I refused. Argus Mazda, Hull, Quebec (the same technician that resolved the windshield wind noise problem) replaced the rear struts and stab. links and this resolved the problem.

The bottom line is to find a good dealership with sincere technicians. I have found one in Hull (across from the bridge in Ottawa, Canada). Guy is the technicians name.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Finally after all permutations and combination I think I tracked down the problem, it was coming from the glove box and the area around.

Took it to the dealer and they confirmed and fixed the noise this time.

Lets see if it works. :)

BTW, the Tysons Corner, VA dealer turned out to be sincere.

·
Registered
10,541 Posts
:?

First of all, Shayaan thanks a lot for getting this board up again.

It is a continuation to the thread which was initiated in the last board.

After monitoring the intermittent chirping noise (apparently coming from dashboard), it seems that it becomes pronounced when the car is loaded, I mean when there is more than 2 passengers in the car and/or it is carrying luggage.

Ideas ?

Hey, un_yz where about in VA do you live?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Finally after all permutations and combination I think I tracked down the problem, it was coming from the glove box and the area around.
Took it to the dealer and they confirmed and fixed the noise this time.
Lets see if it works. :)
BTW, the Tysons Corner, VA dealer turned out to be sincere.[/b]

I have a high pitch chirping/squeaking sound emminating from what seems to be the dashboard. When I turn on the heat (have yet to test A/C) the sound seams to get louder as the car warms and the fan blows faster. I believe it is coming from the left side of the car and the glove box would make sense. I was thinking of spraying the vents with compressed air, do you have any suggestions. Did your dealer techs inform you of what the problem was. your help would be great. thanks.

·
Premium Member
2,044 Posts
You can try dropping the blower motor from under the glovebox. Usually there are leaves, sticks, and just dirt in there that cause some wierd noises and since its dependent on the speed of the blower I would def think its that.
-Steven

·
Registered
990 Posts
It almost sounds like a squeaking belt, from inside the car it could sound like it is coming from the dashboard. But it wouldn't be affected by blower speed. If it was a belt, you can buy some $2 belt dressing spray at walmart and spray it on all the ribs of each belt at idle and drive around for a little. It should quiet down immediately when the spray hits the belt that is squeaking.

If it is definitely from the dashboard and related to the heat/ac, the blower should be the only thing moving continuously so it would have to be something around that. You can drop it down and clean out any debris and put white grease on the moving parts. And that should fix the problem.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts