Mazda World Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm wondering what are the 929's called. My friend who has a Japanese inport business is trying to find a half cut for me but cant find a "929" from his supplier. Are they know as something else over there? I'm interested in the '86 2.0 8 valve FE with the forward facing EFI manifold. Basically like the B2200 injected FE which has the intake manifold up over the top of the valve cover. Please E-mail me at [email protected]

·
Registered
387 Posts
929s go by luce in japan.
i got a 12v 2.0 Fe with front facing efi manifoil, but the throttlebody does not go over the top, just forward from the manifoil. i think it was from a 929 HB (<-86)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
929s go by luce in japan.
i got a 12v 2.0 Fe with front facing efi manifoil, but the throttlebody does not go over the top, just forward from the manifoil. i think it was from a 929 HB (<-86)[/b]
Thats very interesting! Could you possibly send me a picture of it to [email protected] , I'd love to dee it. Thanks

·
Registered
937 Posts
Luce was from the day one - Up to '91
Cosmo was the rotary versions - Up to '86 (HC which was Rotary Luce)
Sentia was the later ones - From '91 (Cosmo was again reused for rotary coupe 20B-rew)

·
Registered
387 Posts
i can post a pic later today, if i remember

·
Registered
387 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Those pictures are great. That engine is the standard FE, 8 valve. I've never seen one of those manifolds in the U.S. Would you be interested in selling me the complete intake manifold?

I've read that similar year Luce's has the F2, 12 valve injected engine. Does anyone have pics of that?

·
Registered
387 Posts
i think this engine came with the 85-86 929 hb coupe.im not sure if they were sold in the us. the person i got i from said that this is the 120hp version. I remember i took a look when i got it, and i seem to remember that this is 12v..?

pics of f2 rwd 929 mani

pics of fe3 mani

·
Registered
387 Posts
found some pics of the 2.0 FE in a 929/cosmo/luce (HB)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i think this engine came with the 85-86 929 hb coupe.im not sure if they were sold in the us. the person i got i from said that this is the 120hp version. I remember i took a look when i got it, and i seem to remember that this is 12v..?

pics of f2 rwd 929 mani

pics of fe3 mani

[/b]
The first 2 pictures are of the engine I'm looking for!!! That is a 12 valve engine. You say that those engines are found in the 85-86 929/luce hb coup only? Did you say that is your car or just a picture you found?

I actually have an FE3 engine that I'm putting into a truck. I had that same manifold as the one you pictured but it wouldn't work for a rwd application because it would have put the throttle body straight into the firewall of the truck. I had one custom made (although I could have used a Kia Sportage manifold).

I also have another truck with an E2000 van engine in it that I had imported. Check it out at: Http://www.streetsourcemag.com/Profile.asp...ProfileID=16715

·
Registered
387 Posts
the two first pics in your post are from my engine compartment. In Norway the F2 engine is more common than the v6 in 929 hc's

when i was talking about 85-86 929 hb coupe i was talking about the 2.0 FE 12valve.

And when i talk about mazda engines i talk from a norwegian perspective.
Im not sure, but i think that Norway and maybe Finland was the only ones that got the 136hp F2 engine in the 929 HC.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
the two first pics in your post are from my engine compartment. In Norway the F2 engine is more common than the v6 in 929 hc's
when i was talking about 85-86 929 hb coupe i was talking about the 2.0 FE 12valve.

And when i talk about mazda engines i talk from a norwegian perspective.
Im not sure, but i think that Norway and maybe Finland was the only ones that got the 136hp F2 engine in the 929 HC.[/b]
Would you be willing or interested in locating and shipping parts to me? Obviously I'd pay for shipping. Do you have a Paypal account?

·
Registered
10 Posts
mazda parts

I,m also interested in info on the 929 Intake Manifold as I am building a 91 Mazda B2220 EFI i wanna use 12 valve Head therefore i need a forward facing or over the top 12 valve Intake Manifold and a Upper front timing cover that uses a Distributor

1 - 15 of 15 Posts