Mazda World Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, I asked about this enhancement on a different forum and was told to come here and ask about it. Has anyone tried this performance modification? I am looking for more horsepower. I have a cut airbox and K&N filter. They have helped somewhat, but I'm wondering about the Jet Chip. Please adise.

Jonathan

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have a 98 mill s and i bought the jet chip. its alright but for the price i don.t think its worth the much. but if you do get it your going to need a cone filter because the drop in k&n isn't go to work. after a got the chip put in i had the drop in filter and the car felt the same even a little slower. after i put in the blitzs one filter you will feel a BIG diference. but i have a custom made intake system from the throttle body on up to the cone filter.with out the resonator box. the whin of the supercharger is really loud and it sounds tight. if anybody knows if there is smaller pulleys out there that would if the car holla.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Do you have any pics of your intake? I also have a 2000 S. Mine is an ME. I was planning on getting something done. Let me know how you did it.

·
Registered
31 Posts
what is the cost of the chip and the intake you got? where can you get these? i was thinking of just doing the k&n, im pretty sure most millys already have cold air intake. is the cone intake your talking about, the k&n filter charger?

·
Registered
10,541 Posts
According to a past Millenia owner who used to frequent this site, stated that the Jet ECU chip is not actually a replacement but is actually the act of having your factory ECU reprogrammed for optimized performance.

I can not recall the cost the person quoted. The person did state that his car did gain measurable performance increases, after the reprogramming.

·
Registered
18 Posts
the chip cost a little over $400. the chips ethier replace the ecu or it peggy backs the ecu. for the milly it peggy backs it. the pictures i took of my intake are being developed now. when done i will email them to any of ya'll that want to see. its way better the the drop in k&n filter and with the resenator box gone sounds better, you will see. but i won't have the car much longer i'm trading it in for a A6 2.7 twin turbo. I've lost faith in my miiy s no after market support.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts