Mazda World Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a 95 Millenia and the left lens looks like it was broken. There are only chips of the lense around the bulb. I called a dealer and they want almost 200 for a whole new light.

My question is , are there lenses at a part store or online part store that I can fit over. Or are there aftermarket cheap fog lights that I can replace that will fit in this spot. $200 is too much for a fog light.

Thanks for any help

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
I swear this seems to be a common problem... The left foglight on my 95 is burnt out... I'm wondering if I can just replace the bulb. I have also seen another '95 w/ a messed up left foglight. You might want to look into some aftermarket ones... You could probably get some nice big PIAA's to fit into there for less than $200. Ask Shayaan. :)

·
Registered
72 Posts
The light assembly is kinda expensive, but if only the bulb is burnt out, you can replace it yourself. I've done it on my car. Dealer halogen fog bulb runs about $20 You can get a generic one at the local auto part store. Just make sure you don't touch the bulb by the glass while replacing it. Halogens are sensitive to dirt and oils from the fingers.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have had to replace my fog light on the passenger side. I went to a local junkyard and was able to pick it up for $150.00 They wanted $200.00 initially. The dealer wanted $400.00 to order one. It was a little bit of work but I was able to replace the lense cover and left the actual housing in place. Saved roughly 250 for the part and whatever the labor is from a dealer. I kept the rest of the light just in case I need it later. It actually looks lika a projector type of light. FYI.

·
Registered
0 Posts
thats al crap, just go to ebay,you can find an entire replacement unit fo under 50. may take some searching but it would be worth it

1 - 6 of 6 Posts