Mazda World Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello, just curios if anyone could tell me how to program new keyless entry remotes for the Mazda 626. Hope someone can help. Thanks in advance.
Steven

·
Registered
11 Posts
this is the info i have for activation that i got with remotes i just bought for my '99 626 ESV6:

1. Sit in the driver's seat, driver door open, all others closed.
2. Do this three times: Insert key, turn to "on" position, turn to "off" position, remove key.
3. Push the driver door ajar switch(on center pillar) three times. Car will chime.
4. Press any button on the 1st remote twice. Car will chime.
5. Press any button on the 2nd remote twice. Car will chime.
6. Wait 3 seconds. Press door ajar switch(on center pillar) one time. Car will chime.
7. Remotes are now programmed.

It worked....

Last edited by Ranger626 at Sep 5 2002, 06:37 AM

·
Registered
329 Posts
awsome glad it worked out :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
I tried and tried and tried the same in my 94 Mazda 626, but in vain. I have even started suspecting whether the 2 remotes that I got from the seller ever worked. How do you find out whether the car is keyless remote compatible? [I received two keys and two remotes from the auto sales dealer and that guy declared he knows nothing about electronics]

·
Registered
11 Posts
I would think one clue as to whether you may have keyless is if you have power door locks. Other than that I don't know how u could tell besides looking for the transmitter which i think is in the trunk, drivers side way up near the back seat top of trunk area-I had a '96 and am not sure about the '94 but think it would be the same setup.
Have u tried new batteries in the remotes? The instructions i posted were for my '99 but dogr74 said he programmed his '95 ok with them.
what model is it?.....DL?, LX?, ES? chances area DL didn't have keyless.
Test the batteries in the remotes with a voltmeter, if they're not right up near the 3volt rating for both of them-replace
also the model number for the remote of my '96 was GO43VT7T(i still have em/the car was totalled)...this is on the back of the remote.
good luck...post again if any questions.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Originally posted by Ranger626@Sep 5 2002, 06:36 AM
this is the info i have for activation that i got with remotes i just bought for my '99 626 ESV6:

2. Do this three times: Insert key, turn to "on" position, turn to "off" position, remove key.
3. Push the driver door ajar switch(on center pillar) three times.  Car will chime.
4. Press any button on the 1st remote twice.  Car will chime.
5. Press any button on the 2nd remote twice.  Car will chime.
6. Wait 3 seconds.  Press door ajar switch(on center pillar) one time.  Car will chime.

It worked....
This is valuable information, since I had no idea on how to program my alarm. I'm going to be changing my battery pretty soon & without this info I'd probably have to go to the dealer to get the alarm re-programmed. Thanks Ranger! Shayaan could you please add this to the Technical guides.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Zuke be careful when/if u change battery without using a backup power source as the computers "forget" all the settings they pick up from your everyday driving and you may get some erratic/different performance until the computers "relearn" your driving habits. I notice u have a 5 speed so u don't have to worry about the tranny computer but the engine computer will definitely go "dumb" on you.
If u do disconnect all power, the way to reset the system to a "baseline" is to take it out after you reconnect and drive normally, bring it up to temp, then bring it from a stop all the way up to driving speed in a normal fashion. this will establish something the computer can work with and prevent erratic engine performance. the computer uses about 40 starts to get a good amount of data about your driving so be patient if you do feel some quirks.
the shops hook up a power source to the car while they change the battery to avoid this and the complaints it would cause.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Thanks for the warning. I think I'll try hooking up an external battery that connects to the cigarette socket. Its a battery pack my girlfriend picked up at "Brookstone" which connects to the cigarette socket to give your car a jump start.
Its a neat little gadget that can get you out of jam, especially if you dont have jumper cables or another car.

·
Registered
11 Posts
pylon, i'm not certain of exactly what conditions would cause the memory loss but i'd be sure that if the battery was disconnected for even a short period you'd lose the memory. the material i read regarding the relearning procedure for the computer described the condition would occur "after power loss" or if "battery is disconnected". I'd say if u had to reprogram the radio u lost the computer memory too.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Just having to re-program the radio is frustrating enough!
I did'nt get an owners manual when I bought the car, so I dont have a code. I'd have to have the dealer re-program it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Originally posted by dogr74@Oct 14 2002, 10:57 PM
This worked on my '95 626 as well.  Thanks Ranger626!!
[snapback]2081[/snapback]​
Can you please let me know where is can find the door ajar switch on my mazda 626.?

Thanks a lot

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hey, just getting in on all this talk. I have a 97 Mazda 626 LX and want to know how I can get the keyless entry things?

Where can you buy them...dealer or AZ/AD?

Thx

Originally posted by zuke626@Oct 26 2002, 07:09 PM
This is valuable information, since I had no idea on how to program my alarm.  I'm going to be changing my battery pretty soon & without this info I'd probably have to go to the dealer to get the alarm re-programmed.  Thanks Ranger!  Shayaan could you please add this to the Technical guides. 

[snapback]2388[/snapback]​

·
Registered
2,693 Posts
Originally posted by vijju_d@Jan 14 2005, 01:50 PM
Can you please let me know where is can find the door ajar switch on my mazda 626.?

Thanks a lot
[snapback]235770[/snapback]​
When you open the door, look at the door pillar (where all those stickers about tire pressures and paint codes and stuff are). Look for a little rubber-covered plunger and press it - you'll see the "door open" light in the dash turn off (and if you hold it, the interior lights will eventually go down).

·
Registered
2,693 Posts
Originally posted by gandl2123@Jan 15 2005, 11:01 AM
Hey, just getting in on all this talk.  I have a 97 Mazda 626 LX and want to know how I can get the keyless entry things? 

Where can you buy them...dealer or AZ/AD?

Thx
[snapback]236150[/snapback]​
You can get them from dealers, but they'll rape you on the price. Best bet is actually eBay - they're on there pretty frequently, and for not too much money.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Originally posted by Ranger626@Sep 5 2002, 08:36 AM

3. Push the driver door ajar switch(on center pillar) three times.  Car will chime.
4. Press any button on the 1st remote twice.  Car will chime.
5. Press any button on the 2nd remote twice.  Car will chime.
6. Wait 3 seconds.  Press door ajar switch(on center pillar) one time.  Car will chime.

It worked....
[snapback]977[/snapback]​
I did this on my 96 mazda 626 but the car did not chime after i pressed the ajar switch last time. Dunno if this because i did it the first two times without doing the last step.
Can anyone help ?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts