Mazda World Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, i posted this question a while ago but never got a workable solution. there really isnt a problem at the moment, however when i start mi '99 milly S, usually on a warmer start, it seems to do what i call a "lazy start". normally when the engine is totally cold it gives a nice growl and the rpms go to about 2-3k, and it settles in( normal). but this "lazy start", the engines barely breaks 1k rmp, then wants to go and stall, but always recovers fine and just runs. i asked my neighbor who know just about everything about anything mechanical, and he thought its just a lazy mass airflow sensor, and wouldnt bother doing anything. anyone else have this oddity? :x

·
Registered
3,410 Posts
The mass airflow sensor in my car needs to be replaced because its bad. However my car starts perfectly in all conditions and I never had it do a "lazy start." Mine just gets terrible gas mileage and a little white smoke from exhaust under hard acceleration. That could be your problem I suppose since that sensor controls the mixture of fuel to air in your car.

·
Registered
49 Posts
anytime your engine is warm it will start and immediately idle at around 600rpm. If your idle is wandering do a complete tune up, meaning plugs, wires, gas filter and so on. you can do all this yourself and it shouldn't cost you no more than about $180 if you get some good wires.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
nothing with my idle is off...only my starts...engine seems to do an immediate fire-up when warm, and usually almost cuts off

1 - 4 of 4 Posts