40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering what people have done to their 626. And what they plan to do

I have a 1998 626 4cycl standard. Mods:

-Clear Corners
-Hyper white bulbs and blinker bulbs
-Indiglo Gauges
-DTM

Saving up for rims and possible thinkin of starting a group buy sometime in the future for a body kit.

·
Registered
349 Posts
hey.
i have a 1999 mazda 626, 4 cyl also. umm i have plans for performance, like a new motor the kl ze, have u heard of it? it has 170 hp stock its a 4 cyl. a jap spec motor. i want to get the tail lights of the 00 up 626, but im focusing on speed.

·
Registered
3 Posts
i have a '93 626

im into caraudio but im planing to get into performance..

i think my first step is to have an engine swap..

but my problem is i dont know what new engine to put in my car..

:D

i had the i/h/e upgrade already but im not satisfied...

·
Registered
329 Posts
-96 Nissan Maxima-
Tinted Windows
Upgraded speakers

17 Inch Konig Monsoons
2' drop with Sprint Springs
TOKICO Struts
Front Sturt Bar
Rear Sway bar

Stillen Intake
Stillen Down pipe
High Flow Cat
HKS Cat back exhaust

( To do List )

5 Speed Conversion (In the works)
Upgraded Fuel system
100 shot Nitrous ( Zex Computer Safe System )
- If the Money is right
T4 Turbo kit

-ChRi§

·
Registered
57 Posts
I have a 1989 4cyl 2.0 carb 626. Right hand drive.
Currently I have done as much as possible to keep it in stock condition.....but now I'm going to upgrade it. Here is the list of mods that I have planned:
- K&N air filter
- Performance Coil
- Performance Plug Wires
- Performance Platinum Spark Plugs
- Convert to rear disc brakes
- Upgrade brake line to metal braided
- Change Engine to VQ30
- Install ABS
- Install Climate control air condition
- Convert to leather seats
- Upgrade music from stock system to top of the line audio system with nine speakers
- Remote power up/down windows
- Sound Proof/Noise Reduction

How does this sound so far?
626 Glx Dude (w00t)

·
Registered
74 Posts
1998 626 ES V6, 5 speed:

NGK Wires
K&N drop in filter
Sport Edition Rims
Bridgestone RE950 tires

Planned Modifications:

PRM Cold Intake
Strut tower bar
Cross Drilled Rotors front & rear
Lip spoiler

·
Registered
329 Posts
Originally posted by 626glx_dude@Sep 18 2002, 12:44 PM
I have a 1989 4cyl 2.0 carb 626. Right hand drive.
Currently I have done as much as possible to keep it in stock condition.....but now I'm going to upgrade it. Here is the list of mods that I have planned:
- K&N air filter
- Performance Coil
- Performance Plug Wires
- Performance Platinum Spark Plugs
- Convert to rear disc brakes
- Upgrade brake line to metal braided
- Change Engine to VQ30
- Install ABS
- Install Climate control air condition
- Convert to leather seats
- Upgrade music from stock system to top of the line audio system with nine speakers
- Remote power up/down windows
- Sound Proof/Noise Reduction

How does this sound so far?
626 Glx Dude (w00t)
Vq30de ? Thats the motor i have in my 4th gen Maxima... Its a 3.0 L motor how are you going to make it fit? PV me or e-mail im intrested to hear about that ...

if you ever do get yours in , i can help u with mods for it ...since i have the motor and all :D

-Chri§

·
Registered
57 Posts
The length of the VQ engine is less than the FE engine in the 626. I'm having a bracket custom made to bolt the engine to the existing mounts on the body...One axle will be the original 626 and the other will be the maxima's.

Thanks for the offer to help me with the mods on the VQ30 engine....

But bear in mind I can only change the engine after I buy my wife a next car to use while I tinker with the 626....so it'll be next year.....

626 Glx Dude

·
Registered
329 Posts
Originally posted by 626glx_dude@Sep 18 2002, 02:25 PM
The length of the VQ engine is less than the FE engine in the 626. I'm having a bracket custom made to bolt the engine to the existing mounts on the body...One axle will be the original 626 and the other will be the maxima's.

Thanks for the offer to help me with the mods on the VQ30 engine....

But bear in mind I can only change the engine after I buy my wife a next car to use while I tinker with the 626....so it'll be next year.....

626 Glx Dude
Well thats good, i hope it all works out for you . you will have alot more options with the Vq motor then the mazda motor... I know maxima owners with over 370 hp to the wheels.

alright good luck to you

-ChRi§

·
Registered
349 Posts
Zuke..
nice 626 it looks just like mine... :D aw everyone has such nice plans for their car..lol

·
Registered
74 Posts
Originally posted by 626GrL@Sep 24 2002, 06:23 PM
Zuke..
nice 626 it looks just like mine...  :D aw everyone has such nice plans for their car..lol
Thanks, :) its too bad we dont have a photo gallery in the forum to see each others 6's.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Originally posted by 626GrL@Sep 13 2002, 07:25 PM
like a new motor the kl ze, have u heard of it? it has 170 hp stock its a 4 cyl. a jap spec motor.
Hi, just thought i'd point out that the KL-ZE is actually the J-spec V6, with approx 200hp. The FS-ZE is the j-spec i4, with approx 170hp.

Installing a KL-ZE into a v6 626 is a direct swap, installing a ZE into a 4cyl 626 is a very complex task, brakes, transmission and suspension will need to be upgraded just to name a few.

Catchya's,

Caleb-TXFIVE

PS, i have a 92 Ford Telstar TX5, (re-badged 93-97 626 hatch) with the KL03 V6, 2.5" catback exhaust, Simota Cold Air Intake, 17" AMG rims, JVC MP3 sound, ractive front strut brace and ractive KPH indiglo guages. Car has been lowered 2.5" with King springs. Im an active member at mx6.com :D

·
Registered
74 Posts
Very nice, do you have a picture of your ride? I'm a member at mx6.com also, but I rarely post over there.
Hopefully this site will get as good a following.

·
Registered
349 Posts
ugh well i dont want the complex shit, i wanted to get that motor thats a 4 cyl jap spec motor cuz it has 170 hp, and i want a motor with more potential. i have a 4 ycl right now. so i thought it would be easier to put in another 4 cycl

·
Registered
74 Posts
I wonder if it would be easier to install a turbo made for the protege? How different could the 2L4 in a 626 be from the 2L4 in a Protege?

1 - 20 of 56 Posts