Mazda World Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

Another smart move... went to place something in trunk (2000 Mazda Millenia S) when keys + fob slipped in as well, didn't realize until the trunk was shut. The car was still locked all around when this happened.

Any way to open the trunk through some kind of external release? Do I have to resort to a lock smith or AAA?

HELP!!!!! :(

·
Registered
514 Posts
pull the front door at the top of the window where the front and rear come together. It will bend just enough to slip a hanger in and unlock it. The button is fairly easy to get to with a hanger. I've done it before. Just make sure to bend the door back :)

·
4,952 Posts
Hi guys,

Another smart move... went to place something in trunk (2000 Mazda Millenia S) when keys + fob slipped in as well, didn't realize until the trunk was shut. The car was still locked all around when this happened.

Any way to open the trunk through some kind of external release? Do I have to resort to a lock smith or AAA?

HELP!!!!! :([/b]
I have one key and this is my nightmare. Whenever I am about to lock the car I feel discomfort.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Update: Tried to slim-jim the car but no luck, the hooks inside aren't meant to be pulled. Anyone slim a milly before? Otherwise I'm waiting until AAA comes :(

·
Banned by Goliat6288
3,833 Posts
i locked my keys inside once.... WITH THE CAR ON.... a friend pulled the door back stick a piece of wood to keep it opened and put a coat hanger in there to press the unlock button. Not gonna say it was easy put its do-able. rather do that than pay 80 bucks to a locksmith, i locked my keys in my old civic and in my bothers car and paid that to get the door opened.

·
Registered
514 Posts
take your time and do it yourself. They are just going to do the same thing, maybe tear something up and then charge you $80 bucks. Don't try to pull the handle with the coat hanger. Pressing the lock/unlock button is much easier.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i locked my keys inside once.... WITH THE CAR ON.... a friend pulled the door back stick a piece of wood to keep it opened and put a coat hanger in there to press the unlock button. Not gonna say it was easy put its do-able. rather do that than pay 80 bucks to a locksmith, i locked my keys in my old civic and in my bothers car and paid that to get the door opened.[/b]
Wait.. he managed to press the 'inside' unlock button? We tried wedges on the door but it only opened a crack. Enough to put coat hangers thru, but I'm not sure how to bend/push it around so that it goes fully in the car??

take your time and do it yourself. They are just going to do the same thing, maybe tear something up and then charge you $80 bucks. Don't try to pull the handle with the coat hanger. Pressing the lock/unlock button is much easier.[/b]

·
4,952 Posts
Wait.. he managed to press the 'inside' unlock button? We tried wedges on the door but it only opened a crack. Enough to put coat hangers thru, but I'm not sure how to bend/push it around so that it goes fully in the car??[/b]
Latch? You will press the button or pull the red lock up. It is visible.

In Cleveland cops do it for free. Might be same everywhere. My roommate locks his keys inside at least once a week. One time the cop asked "didnt I open your car before?" :)

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
Latch? You will press the button or pull the red lock up. It is visible.

In Cleveland cops do it for free. Might be same everywhere. My roommate locks his keys inside at least once a week. One time the cop asked "didnt I open your car before?" :)[/b]
LOL cops around here would never do such a thing for me. They'd tell me to get a locksmith and drive away. That's some awesome service by the cops in Cleveland. I'll have to remember that if I go to a browns and ravens game in Cleveland next year lol.

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
LOL cops around here would never do such a thing for me. They'd tell me to get a locksmith and drive away. That's some awesome service by the cops in Cleveland. I'll have to remember that if I go to a browns and ravens game in Cleveland next year lol.[/b]
LOL I know right?! I'd rather recommend a locksmith and then a spare key. I keep both milly keys with me and I need to stop that. I wouldn't want no one messing with my milly, especially slim jimming it. Sounds like that'd be an expensive lesson for me. Hahaha... and we all know I had a recent expensive one to learn (girlfriend + milly = empy wallet).

·
Banned by Goliat6288
3,833 Posts
i have a spare key but keep it at home... well my gf put it somewhere in my room... now that i think of it i have no idea where it is... dam it... my gf hides everything from me

EDIT: ok maybe not hide... but puts it away and doesnt tell me where it is..... therefore its hidden.

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
i have a spare key but keep it at home... well my gf put it somewhere in my room... now that i think of it i have no idea where it is... dam it... my gf hides everything from me
EDIT: ok maybe not hide... but puts it away and doesnt tell me where it is..... therefore its hidden.[/b]
Hahaha I know right?! Then when you're not looking for what you WAS looking for previously, the hidden object shows up. It's like a treasure hunt.

·
Registered
514 Posts
I used on of those thick coat hangers. It's a little thicker than a traditional so when you get it inside it won't flake out on you when you go to press the unlock button. Just make sure you bend it at the end so there is something to press the button with.

·
Banned by Goliat6288
3,833 Posts
i ended up putting black tape on the tip... didnt want to scratch the car and wanted to have a finger-ish type of thing on the tip of the hanger to press the button.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
UPDATE: Thanks a lot guys! For anyone wanting to know: ended up coat hangering from the top of the door (inserted 2 wedges to keep it slightly open enough for the coat hanger to go thru), had a little hook on the end of the hanger and pulled the lock up manually. Of course when I opened the handle from the outside, the alarm went off (no surprise there).

What was surprising in fact was while the alarm was on, I was able to trunk eject using the standard eject button on the door, and voila, keys! I would have thought the Millenia would disable any electronic device while alarm was engaged, but oh well!

Thanks guys! :)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts