Mazda World Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
I'm looking into putting a new cold air intake on my '00 626 and was looking for suggestions as to which manufacturer people had used and with what success.

·
Registered
154 Posts
actually does anybody know about intakes for a turbocharged car? I can't just get an open cone i don't think because I have the reed valve for the turbo.

Just askin........

Mike

·
Registered
74 Posts
There are a few intakes you can purchase. The first one is made by PRM and can be purchased at:
Corksport . A Hotshot intake can be purchased at rr-racing. The Weapon R intake can be found at Import Studio . Another option is the K&N drop in filter or the FIPK found at K & N I currently have a K&N drop in filter, but thinking of purchasing the PRM intake. Hope this helps.

Last edited by zuke626 at Oct 1 2002, 09:44 PM

·
Registered
45 Posts
is the 2.5L V6 626 engine the same engine in the millenia?? can i purchase a cold air for the 626 and put it on my 99 2.5L V6?? help

·
Registered
329 Posts
if your looking for intakes, go to a shop that has a pip bending machen , then can custom make you one.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Originally posted by Pearl99Mazda@Oct 22 2002, 08:42 PM
is the 2.5L V6 626 engine the same engine in the millenia?? can i purchase a cold air for the 626 and put it on my 99 2.5L V6?? help
the 2.5l on the millenia is a little diff.same block but diff heads.the cool air intake for 626 will not fit unless you cutomise it cause the automatic tranny its on the way.
but you can always buy a prellude intake .it came with enough pipes/tubing necesary to make a custom milenia cold air intake.unless you want the hot air intake.

there its a company that make intake for millenia.i look search for you.its like $60.

·
Registered
40 Posts
is there a cold air intake for the 4 cycl. i have a 98 626. I want to get a cold air intake but cant find one. Im thinkin of gettin some kinda piping from home depot and running from the stock air box to under my car. It will be a lot cheaper also. Iono what to do.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Well i have a 98 626. Will the cold air intake for the probe or prelude fit my car? ? ? Also what exactly do u have to cut out of the prelude intake? ?

·
Registered
8 Posts
on the other hand...would a cold air intake (found all over the place on ebay) for a 93-97 mx6/626/probe with a v6 fit my 1998 626 v6? I heard they have the same engines...so does that mean this intake would fit my car perfectly? Thx

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey man, I have a friend who is making me and a few other people cold air intakes, a short ram is easy as hel* to build. You dont even need to goto home depot. Contact me for more info about it, who ever wants one for the years 98+ 626's

My short ram is ugly but works :)

Here's a pic of my short ram and where it comes out ----

This is where it comes out at.

And this is a small vid I took of how it sounds incase you're wondering

Sound quality and picture quality arent that good, I used my cell phone - you need quicktime

Vid

·
Registered
2,693 Posts
Originally posted by kable@Apr 12 2004, 05:03 AM
Hey man, I have a friend who is making me and a few other people cold air intakes, a short ram is easy as hel* to build. You dont even need to goto home depot. Contact me for more info about it, who ever wants one for the years 98+ 626's

My short ram is ugly but works :)
Can't tell from the pic...is that for the four or the V6? If it's the latter, I'd be interested. (w00t)

I assume the filter is a standard K&N cone, or something similar?

Can't find anything engine-wise for the post-1998 626, so help is certainly appreciated.

·
Registered
2,693 Posts
Originally posted by blb87@Jan 19 2004, 09:55 PM
on the other hand...would a cold air intake (found all over the place on ebay) for a 93-97 mx6/626/probe with a v6 fit my 1998 626 v6? I heard they have the same engines...so does that mean this intake would fit my car perfectly? Thx
I had also wondered about this, if anyone knows. The sizing can't be that much different...

·
Registered
5 Posts
hi all, I finally got my cai for my 2000 626 I4 Auto...here is a pic of it. I still have to get it powdercoated though

and here is a pic when I put the Temp sensor in

1 - 17 of 17 Posts