Mazda World Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey - so I've got a 2021 Mazda3 that I've been driving for 3 months (2.5K miles). Everything's been great with the car until Friday night when I, like an idiot, pulled too far into a curb when I was parking. Didn't realize it until Saturday that this appears to have damaged some sort of covering below my car that is below my front bumper. See the attached pics - I think this might be the engine splash shield but not 100% sure. There appear to be three separate parts for the covering: 1) one on the passenger side, 2) a larger one in the center, and one of the driver side that is exactly like the one on the passenger side. The damaged covering in the pictures is the one on the drivers side - the passenger and center portions of the coverings appear to be perfectly fine. As you can see in the pic, the part is dangling towards the ground, but doesn't actually touch it (car still drives perfectly fine with the part not scraping the ground). Also in the bottom pic you can see circular holes at the bottom of a plastic covering where screws are supposed to be holding the bottom covering up.

I would like to get this fixed - does anyone know roughly how much it would cost to fix something like this (I wouldn't be able to fix it myself)? I'm wondering if the part can even be patched back up (e.g., using zip-ties) even if not completely fixed?
Wheel Tire Automotive tire Plant Vehicle
Tire Wheel Hood Automotive lighting Automotive tire
Automotive tire Hood Tire Automotive lighting Tread

·
Administrator
222 Posts
Hard to tell from the photos but if you damaged the metal then that will need to be fixed to spec. Meaning that all of the little holes need to be in the correct spot so that you can snap in the plastic piece. It looks like the plastic piece has broken bits, that will need to be replaced for sure. Bring it to your dealer and get a quote, maybe you insurance will pay a good part of it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts