Mazda World Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive just noticed that some Luce's have short front bumpers while other have the long version. Does anyone have a responce to this ?

Long -

Short -

Also, this suprised me, I guess this is the unit that houses the mini cooler system and air purifier ? can this be verified ?

And, This is the first time I noticed this, do all JDM luce have this rear vent ? WOW

This is where I found some of the pics - http://photos.yahoo.co.jp/ph/speedjunky_ki...rc=ph%26.view=t

I might as well ask here but has anyone tried to post a message on the HC Works message board. I tried many times to post a link and show them our site in hope of some member that may be able to contribute here ???

·
Registered
931 Posts
from what i hear, the long bumpers came out on all Australian and American markets and the short bumpers came out in JDM and New Zealand. this was basicly because the japs have less crashes than us and therefore dont need such a large bumper.

i got an air purifier in my car, and it is much much smaller than that. i know that has the fridge in it but i think thats it.

im not sure about the vent, my Luce Limited doesnt have it.

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
From what I see on HC Works is that the bumpers vary and both can easily be found. It must of been an option ?

·
Registered
931 Posts
quite possibly. ill have to try to decipher some more of the hc works site..

·
Registered
849 Posts
Also, this suprised me, I guess this is the unit that houses the mini cooler system and air purifier ? can this be verified ?

And, This is the first time I noticed this, do all JDM luce have this rear vent ? WOW

This is where I found some of the pics - http://photos.yahoo.co.jp/ph/speedjunky_ki...rc=ph%26.view=t

I might as well ask here but has anyone tried to post a message on the HC Works message board. I tried many times to post a link and show them our site in hope of some member that may be able to contribute here ???[/b]
i can confirm that is definetly the fridge and air purifier

ill check my car for the vent as i havent noticed it before.

another feateure i noticed with my car was a sensor on the drivers side vent in the top of the dash.
found out its for automatic headlight turn on function. so when it gets dark the system turns my headlights on for me when i have the headlight switch selected on "auto".

·
Registered
931 Posts
can u get a pic of it Sim? theres something funny like that on the top of my dash as well.

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thats makes it the the same for USDM HC's aswell. I also have the little black bump (sensor) on my dash but I cannot recall seeing a 'auto' feature for the lights.

·
Registered
849 Posts
ok if you have the black lump there in the vent then you dont have the auto light feature.

as thats a blanking plate.

if you have an auto light feature that plate is clear plastic as its a light dependant sensor.

and on the light switch is an extra switching function called auto.

ill take some pics for ya's.

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
OK I see how it works. I was thinking if it did have anything to do with a light sensor they why is it just a metal plate. Thanks for clearing it up.

·
Registered
937 Posts
one thing i forgot to mention (actually complitely forgot that i had it)

i have factory operator manual with my car.... you know a little book that comes in the glovebox.... i got one from japan

the vent is rear climate control.... the controlls for the rear climate are in the rear seat arm rest (something similar to what Potentia picture was posted some time ago)

there is also a feature where the front passenger seat folds flat creating a sleeping area or very long leg rest for the rear passenger

·
Registered
267 Posts
i can confirm that is definetly the fridge and air purifier

ill check my car for the vent as i havent noticed it before.

another feateure i noticed with my car was a sensor on the drivers side vent in the top of the dash.
found out its for automatic headlight turn on function. so when it gets dark the system turns my headlights on for me when i have the headlight switch selected on "auto".[/b]
Ya my S1 Luce has the rear a/c vents Sim. It's turned on and off from switches in the back of the centre console.

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It would be nice to see some scans of the Luce features.

You say the rear climate controls are in the rear armrest but I see from these pics that the sereo is controlled from the rear armrest and the rear ventilation is controlled form the back of the center console like mentioned above.

Wow USDM 929s really got shafted on the options, alot less luxury comfort. Those upper rear vents would be real nice to have, as for the radio controlls, well that would be useless to me.

As for the front seat, I have slept many nights on it while driving across Canada numerous times. I release the passenger head rest and the seat reclines 'almost' all the way flat, its not bad and alot better than sleeping in the drivers seat.

Does anyone have an idea about the bumpers yet ? Is there more features to point out ? this is interesting.

·
Registered
849 Posts
i have taken pics just forget to keep downloading the pics.

as soon as i remember ill post them up..

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thats makes so much sense now that you brought it up, thanks. I cant believe I didnt see that.

·
Registered
849 Posts
can i get a site on where to buy luce body parts for my hc[/b]
if its an import get ya original chassis number and go into mazda.

there is a system run where they can check via your chassis number the part number needed.

the order will be sent to melbourne mazda on back order.

and it will come from mazda japan in 3 to 6 weeks.. :thumbsup:

or if its just generic panels. then the aussie 929 will be fine..

·
Registered
849 Posts
hahah Mazda in brookvale just laughed at me and said "we don't do imports mate"
don't know how you got that out of them Sim...?[/b]
thats cause they are to lazy to get off there ass..

goto the DMRH site.

contact Dave Morris. he will be able to point you in the right direction!! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
849 Posts
ok the long awaited auto light feature (excuse dirty pics havent had time to clean her) :blush:

where you guys have ya black blanking plate in the demister vent at top of dash ive got this -

stalk (combination switch) control of auto light feature

1 - 20 of 38 Posts