Mazda World Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Check out the new Autoweek online. It has the new 6 and the MPS 6! The only thing I dont like is Autoweek estimates the 0-60 in 8 seconds.
220 Hp and its going to be slower than my 6 w/170 Hp. I dont think so.

·
Registered
349 Posts
what does ur 626 run in the quarter mile? did ur car come stock with 170 hp?? just wondering cuz my 4 cyl came stock with 123 i believe. isnt the new 6...come with 220 hp and like twin turbo ?!

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The new Mazda 6 will have a V6 w/220 hp, the MPS 6 is supposed to have a 2.3L4 w/turbo and somewhere around 280 hp. My 98 626 came with 170 hp and was tested doing 0-60 in 7.7 seconds. I'm not sure about the quarter mile, I think its in the low15's, not sure though.

·
Registered
349 Posts
u must have the v6 626? thats a big difference in hp, mine has 125 stock, and its a 99 but its a 4 cyl 5 speed. thats pretty good for the new 6, but i dont know with all these other cars coming out, it probably wont be that fast, compared to the other cars....damn low 15s, do u have any performance mods on it? man my car is 0-60 in 10secs, thats what the website says, but having a good stick driver, it might be a lil faster.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I traded my 1999 626 v6 speed for this Mazda 6 S fully loaded 5 speed and I tell you there is simply no comaprison between them. The 0 to 60 time you are talking about is for the Automatic trans. The 626 that you are talking about does the same in about 9 seconds with Automatic. The 5 speed is really fast specially in the high speed and has a 0 to 60 time of about 6.8 Seconds. But its way better in the high speed. You must test drive this car to know what it is. I have been posting review of my ownership experience everywhere so here it is again so people just dont misjudge this car.

It may only have 220 Horse Power 3.0 V6 But with 5 speed the mid and high speed response is phenominal specially after about a couple of thousand miles. And there is not even a hint of fords ownership and the craftsmanship of this car is exemplary. Just check it out for yourself. See the overall review below for more.
Pros:
Exceptional Driving experience. Head turner in Black with the S package.One of the best looking interior. Overall Build Quality. Clearly better overall performance and feel than a Maxima and way better than the Altima(not in intial torque and accelration) but it will be very hard to beat in mid and high end with the 5 speed. Bose system is one of the best ever produced by the company. The subwoofer actually works unike others. Very smooth but exceptionally sporty ride and handling and never Uncomfortable.

Cons:
Low end Torque 120 MPH speed governor but this can be taken off easily.

Overall Review:
Mazda 6 S V6 5 Speed is the best Japanese real sport sedan which can actually compete with the European Sedans. Initial acceleration is not as fast as the Maxima, Altima or the new Accord coupe V6 6 speed. But if driven properly it wont be left behind either. I also own a new VW Passat V6 and I like this car better over all. I just hate the speed governor at 120 MPH and would like a little more low end torque otherwise I am really happy with the car. Now after a week' s vacations I have 2300 miles on it and I still look for excuses to drive it. To all you Critics please be fair to this car and before writing against it either keep it for some time or test drive for at least a couple of time. I loved the Altima and Maxima both for the longest time and have them in the family as well. After test driving Maxima and Altima several times both with stick shifts fully loaded, I still could not make the decision until the Mazda 6 came out. Believe me just having a more powerful engine will not cut it this time for Altima or Maxima or for any other make. Altima except for initial acceleration in every other respect is definitely not upto the level of refinement of this Mazda. You can however comapre it with the Maxima with the overall build quality. I bought the Mazda 6 S with Speed and all I can say that this car will not disappoint you in the mid and high speeds against a Maxima or Altima. Its just the initial acceleration and Overall Torque that Mazda is short of but the High speed response is way better then either Nissans and always reminds me of my 99 Prelude Highout put Vtec response plus the shifting and clutch action is just awesome and in Handling and over all ride Quality if you like Pure sporty but really comfortable ride This Mazda 6 rules. However if you like more room then there is no doubt that both Nissans offer better room. But Mazda is actually quite spacious too. Plus over all package loaded with everything even heated seats and traction control and a Body Kit the MSRP is around $25500 (I paid $23400 for a fully loaded 6 s model with everything they offer). Just negotiate with the dealer. It will definitely take some time though for people to be convinced to choose a Mazda over Toyota Nissan or a Honda.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts