Mazda World Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Originally posted by Bigpimpin2000_nj@Sep 29 2002, 05:22 PM
how much do you estimate the mazda6 V6 will MSRP at?
Probably will max out around 24k or 25k.

That's just an educated guess though.

·
Registered
2 Posts
The Mazda6 was released in Australia three weeks ago. One of my friends has already ordered his in Metallic Black! Awesome looking car!

·
Registered
2,693 Posts
I've never seen one in black. That sounds very cool - all the photos I've seen so far are in silver or yellow.

Duncan :D - can't wait to see the 6

·
Registered
9 Posts
are t here any torque curves floating around for the V6 like they released for the RX8 ???

...can't wait to see how fast it will be so I'm using car test to hold me over :p

·
Registered
349 Posts
yea the new 6, is definately a hot looking car, and its a pretty good jump of power from the older 626's..

·
Registered
517 Posts
hopefully mazda will stick to its ZOOM ZOOM ZOOM image instead of handling image and do something bout the power... with the japanese cars going up to 240, mazda6 better go up to hang

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Originally posted by Eternal TL2k3@Nov 12 2002, 09:25 PM
hopefully mazda will stick to its ZOOM ZOOM ZOOM image instead of handling image and do something bout the power... with the japanese cars going up to 240, mazda6 better go up to hang
It's only half a second slower than the Altima.

Faster than the rest. Power seems mated well so I'd be happy. Typical though to want more power, more power! I want balance of it all :)

·
Registered
14 Posts
This might help those who interested in a fully loaded Mazda 6 S v6 With 5 speed.

It may only have 220 Horse Power 3.0 V6 But with 5 speed the mid and high speed response is phenominal specially after about a couple of thousand miles. And there is not even a hint of fords ownership and the craftsmanship of this car is exemplary. Just check it out for yourself. See the overall review below for more.
Pros:
Exceptional Driving experience. Head turner in Black with the S package.One of the best looking interior. Overall Build Quality. Clearly better overall performance and feel than a Maxima and way better than the Altima(not in intial torque and accelration) but it will be very hard to beat in mid and high end with the 5 speed. Bose system is one of the best ever produced by the company. The subwoofer actually works unike others. Very smooth but exceptionally sporty ride and handling and never Uncomfortable.

Cons:
Low end Torque 120 MPH speed governor but this can be taken off easily.

Overall Review:
Mazda 6 S V6 5 Speed is the best Japanese real sport sedan which can actually compete with the European Sedans. Initial acceleration is not as fast as the Maxima, Altima or the new Accord coupe V6 6 speed. But if driven properly it wont be left behind either. I also own a new VW Passat V6 and I like this car better over all. I just hate the speed governor at 120 MPH and would like a little more low end torque otherwise I am really happy with the car. Now after a week' s vacations I have 2300 miles on it and I still look for excuses to drive it. To all you Critics please be fair to this car and before writing against it either keep it for some time or test drive for at least a couple of time. I loved the Altima and Maxima both for the longest time and have them in the family as well. After test driving Maxima and Altima several times both with stick shifts fully loaded, I still could not make the decision until the Mazda 6 came out. Believe me just having a more powerful engine will not cut it this time for Altima or Maxima or for any other make. Altima except for initial acceleration in every other respect is definitely not upto the level of refinement of this Mazda. You can however comapre it with the Maxima with the overall build quality. I bought the Mazda 6 S with Speed and all I can say that this car will not disappoint you in the mid and high speeds against a Maxima or Altima. Its just the initial acceleration and Overall Torque that Mazda is short of but the High speed response is way better then either Nissans and always reminds me of my 99 Prelude Highout put Vtec response plus the shifting and clutch action is just awesome and in Handling and over all ride Quality if you like Pure sporty but really comfortable ride This Mazda 6 rules. However if you like more room then there is no doubt that both Nissans offer better room. But Mazda is actually quite spacious too. Plus over all package loaded with everything even heated seats and traction control and a Body Kit the MSRP is around $25500 (I paid $23400 for a fully loaded 6 s model with everything they offer). Just negotiate with the dealer. It will definitely take some time though for people to be convinced to choose a Mazda over Toyota Nissan or a Honda.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts