Mazda World Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an Australian Mazda 6 2010 with a transmission dipstick i need to know what is the correct full fluid level? I have attached a photo for clarification.

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Usually the upper notch is the full mark. Check when engine running and hot.
Thanks for your reply as what i have read and seen about this dipstick is different to normal transmission dipsticks. Normally you just have a low and high mark and when hot should be at the full mark. This dipstick reading i have read and watched on youtube says when the vehicle is hot the reading should be "anywhere" between the low and high mark, somewhere in between. It is quite confusing as i am just use to have a trans dipstick where when hot should be on the second full mark or high reading mark. Thats, why i added the photo as this dipstick if you look close up at, has degrees Celcius readings, and two raised points.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for your reply as what i have read and seen about this dipstick is different to normal transmission dipsticks. Normally you just have a low and high mark and when hot should be at the full mark. This dipstick reading i have read and watched on youtube says when the vehicle is hot the reading should be "anywhere" between the low and high mark, somewhere in between. It is quite confusing as i am just use to have a trans dipstick where when hot should be on the second full mark or high reading mark. Thats, why i added the photo as this dipstick if you look close up at, has degrees Celcius readings, and two raised points. Also, there are indented circles as well thrown in not normally on normal trans dipsticks.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Correct fluid level within 2 raised points on deep stick when engine is running and transmission fluid temperature 65 degrees Celcius

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Correct fluid level within 2 raised points on deep stick when engine is running and transmission fluid temperature 65 degrees Celcius
Hi Sun,
Thanks for replying and can i just clarify "within 2 raised points" meaning anywhere in between the 2 raised dots you can have a reading level? As compared to not level on the 2nd dot?
Thanks.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi Sun,
Thanks for replying and can i just clarify "within 2 raised points" meaning anywhere in between the 2 raised dots you can have a reading level? As compared to not level on the 2nd dot?
Thanks.
Yes. Anywhere, but must check transmission fluid temprature while the engine is running.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts