Mazda World Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had an issue with Mazda Customer Service? Below is an issue I am having:

Hello Mazda world! I wanted to let you know of an issue that I am currently dealing with.

I need to preface this that I am 51 years old and have been driving a manual since I was 16. Furthermore, I am a 20 year veteran of the automotive industry having worked on the retail side and as a client retention management consultant, having traveled around the US consulting with various dealerships from BMW, Mercedes, Subaru, Honda, Toyota etc....

In September of 2019, I purchased a new 2019 Mazda Miata Club edition with a manual transmission from my local dealership. It had 56 miles on it when I purchased the vehicle and was so excited because it was my 2nd Miata after a number of years. I bought a Miata because the last one was my favorite car and I had the opportunity to buy a new one.

Almost two weeks ago, the clutch went. I had the vehicle towed to the local dealership. I received a call that the warranty company declined the claim. After a long discussion with the service department they went to bat for me again. I subsequently called the Mazda Customer Experience department. I have now spoken to 3 different people. The second person I spoke to was great at handling my concerns and listened. He stated that the claim was still open. Within 5 minutes of hanging up, I received am email stating that the claim is denied. I called the Customer Experience Department again to speak with Oscar who sent the email to me. I received someone else who was not at all empathetic and sounded more like a robot than anyone I had spoken to. It was awful. I hung up the phone more frustrated.

I have asked to speak with someone in the warranty department but I have been told, twice, that they do not speak with customers.

I am now being expected to pay $2,200 to have a new clutch put in the car. The arguments I have heard are baseless. They stated that this is not a recall issue or a common issue. What makes this baseless is that it does not mean that one car can not have defect.

Having worked for various manufacturers, I know that the fact that this car has such low miles on it, would be a red flag that maybe there is a defect. Instead, Mazda Warranty is not budging, no good will or anything. Especially in this time of need.

The sad thing is that this is my 2nd Miata and I LOVE this car. I am just disgusted at Mazda's lack of customer service. This is the 3rd Mazda that my family has owned and unless they step up to the plate, will be our last. I also have many friends who come to me to assist them when it's time to purchase a vehicle. I can not, in good faith, recommend Mazda at this point.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Has anyone had an issue with Mazda Customer Service? Below is an issue I am having:

Hello Mazda world! I wanted to let you know of an issue that I am currently dealing with.

I need to preface this that I am 51 years old and have been driving a manual since I was 16. Furthermore, I am a 20 year veteran of the automotive industry having worked on the retail side and as a client retention management consultant, having traveled around the US consulting with various dealerships from BMW, Mercedes, Subaru, Honda, Toyota etc....

In September of 2019, I purchased a new 2019 Mazda Miata Club edition with a manual transmission from my local dealership. It had 56 miles on it when I purchased the vehicle and was so excited because it was my 2nd Miata after a number of years. I bought a Miata because the last one was my favorite car and I had the opportunity to buy a new one.

Almost two weeks ago, the clutch went. I had the vehicle towed to the local dealership. I received a call that the warranty company declined the claim. After a long discussion with the service department they went to bat for me again. I subsequently called the Mazda Customer Experience department. I have now spoken to 3 different people. The second person I spoke to was great at handling my concerns and listened. He stated that the claim was still open. Within 5 minutes of hanging up, I received am email stating that the claim is denied. I called the Customer Experience Department again to speak with Oscar who sent the email to me. I received someone else who was not at all empathetic and sounded more like a robot than anyone I had spoken to. It was awful. I hung up the phone more frustrated.

I have asked to speak with someone in the warranty department but I have been told, twice, that they do not speak with customers.

I am now being expected to pay $2,200 to have a new clutch put in the car. The arguments I have heard are baseless. They stated that this is not a recall issue or a common issue. What makes this baseless is that it does not mean that one car can not have defect.

Having worked for various manufacturers, I know that the fact that this car has such low miles on it, would be a red flag that maybe there is a defect. Instead, Mazda Warranty is not budging, no good will or anything. Especially in this time of need.

The sad thing is that this is my 2nd Miata and I LOVE this car. I am just disgusted at Mazda's lack of customer service. This is the 3rd Mazda that my family has owned and unless they step up to the plate, will be our last. I also have many friends who come to me to assist them when it's time to purchase a vehicle. I can not, in good faith, recommend Mazda at this point.
Engage an attorney to send a Letter of Demand to Mazda. You have a strong case - it's highly likely that Mazda will come to the party and honor the warranty. They just need a little legal "encouragement".

1 - 2 of 2 Posts