Mazda World Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My friends and I are looking to purchase three vehicles all at once. We have the need for two Mazda3 Sport GT and one Mazda RX-8 GT.

Does anyone know what the best approach to negotiating the best prices on these vehicles? Should I go with looking into an Auto brokerage firm that will do the negotiation for me? Or would I get a better deal going directly to a dealer?

Thanks, any advice would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Go in with your friends with cash in hand, and/or approved credit...tell them its all or nothing and make it worth your time. I would think they would deal. IF you just tell them you have a couple freinds that might buy too, you'll get blown off, show em your serius and you'll save a few bucks

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
One response I got from a dealer was that since the Mazda3 was doing so well, they would not be willing to negotiate on price. The only thing they would be dealing to do was throw in some accessories. That's crazy...I'm going to be spending $28,000 * 2 + $40,000 *1 and they want to give a cargo net!??

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
call another dealer, a saleman would be crazy not to want to make 3 sales in a couple hours.
Seriously though, they prolly think your full of it and until you show your face there not gonna offer anything

·
Registered
718 Posts
i'm pretty sure there's more than one Mazda Dealer around ur way. Try all of them. Clue, they'll be crazy to pass up an offer like that. Some salesmen will try to shoot u down, but they only do it to see ur reaction. i'm pretty sure u'll get a deal. make sure all three cars can be had below invoice.

peace.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cools, thanks for the advice guys. Also, has anyone experienced the use of an auto broker? Anyone know of any?

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
An auto broker is great to get a better deal from the dealer. You generally get the best deal from the dealer but you have to press for it. Just say "hey look, I got xxx rate from this auto broker and I'm pre-approved." and wave the quote in their face. They will match or beat it if you press them.

Just tell them straight... if they want your interest money, then they need to work with you and if they don't want your business, then take your ass somewhere else :)

·
Registered
2,693 Posts
Originally posted by gruss@Mar 26 2004, 11:29 AM
call another dealer, a saleman would be crazy not to want to make 3 sales in a couple hours.
Seriously though, they prolly think your full of it and until you show your face there not gonna offer anything
Agreed. If you're ready to buy, then they'll easily be ready to sell. :D

I told my dealer of choice that I was pre-approved, which instantly granted me a test drive and the ability to get the (used) car checked out by my mechanic. I then provided them with a printout of their own "special internet price" which knocked off about $500.

The moral: If you know for sure what you want, you'll more than likely end up getting it if you're persistent and do your homework. :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts