Mazda World Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2001 Mazda Millenia is making this weird noise. I just bought it, and after letting it idle for a few minutes, it's now making this noise. I've attached a link to a youtube video of the noise. It only happens at idle, and is not dependent on whether the AC is on or not. It doesnt happen immediatly at start up, only when the car warms up a little bit. The car only has 73k on it.. Any help or recommendations would be appreciated! Thank you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hsgHoFRK_SQ

·
Registered
29 Posts
Unsure of your noise. Might be alternator bearing or idler pulley bearing... Also noticed that the right motor-mount is broken from your video. You may want to replace. WESTAR EM9021 is a decent replacement. Rockauto has it $22.79 plus shipping as one suggestion. also use the following for a 5% discount if you choose to purchase this way."How Did You Hear About Us?" 3643187522374026
Hope this helps you with your Millenia

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
a couple of tidbits about milenia engine mounts. dunno about the 2.5, but the 2.3 has liquid filled mounts. i believe westar is india. no copyright laws, no quality control. the 2.3 mount is different from the 2.5 also in shape. there is a curve on the 2.3 mount that is not on the 2.5. also, the top stud is a lot longer. so, a while back, i bought what i thought was a 2.3 mount off ebay, i forget the brand. rule of thumb, if the part is way cheaper than genuine, be careful. so, first off, the one i got did not have the curve, but using a hacksaw, i got it to fit. and i tried it. the stud hit the inside of the hood. no liquid filled, i could feel the extra vibrations. i took it off, and returned it. a few months later, i try again on ebay, and i see a mount that is supposed to fit the 2.3. i bid, and win the mount. when the vendor sends me the invoice, i email them back, and tell them that the 2.3 mount is LIQUID FILLED, and different from the 2.5. and if they send me a mount for a 2.5, i will leave them SERIOUS negative feedback. i immediately get a refund, and a note saying they cannot find the mount.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts