Mazda World Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2020 CX5 signature sometimes my push start button flashes amber? It seems to drive no problem (when it's flashing) mostly happens when the vehicle is cold anyone else have this issue?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2020 CX5 signature sometimes my push start button flashes amber? It seems to drive no problem (when it's flashing) mostly happens when the vehicle is cold anyone else have this issue?
Hi

Had the same issue with my cx5 a while ago, mentioned it to Mazda on a service and they found no fault. I found it would happen on long journeys when you leave Your foot resting on the clutch slightly, it’s never been a problem since. May be nothing but thought I would share.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi

Had the same issue with my cx5 a while ago, mentioned it to Mazda on a service and they found no fault. I found it would happen on long journeys when you leave Your foot resting on the clutch slightly, it’s never been a problem since. May be nothing but thought I would share.
Thank you ,I appreciate your input . Sadly,mine is a automatic transmission it was doing this on cold Canadian winter starts at minus 30 or colder .I contacted the dealer I bought it from and I got crickets.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thank you ,I appreciate your input . Sadly,mine is a automatic transmission it was doing this on cold Canadian winter starts at minus 30 or colder .I contacted the dealer I bought it from and I got crickets.
You need to do a hard reset on the Mazda CX-5. First disconnect the negative battery terminal than disconnect the positive. Have both terminals touch . I use a rubber band to hold them together. I leave it for ten minutes. I reconnect the terminals + first and - last . I start the vehicle and let it idle for 15 minutes. No air conditioner running, no radio on. This hard reset might work. The Mazda ECU is very picky.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You need to do a hard reset on the Mazda CX-5. First disconnect the negative battery terminal than disconnect the positive. Have both terminals touch . I use a rubber band to hold them together. I leave it for ten minutes. I reconnect the terminals + first and - last . I start the vehicle and let it idle for 15 minutes. No air conditioner running, no radio on. This hard reset might work. The Mazda ECU is very picky.
Thank you,very much appreciated . I have only owned this car for 6 weeks bought it with 8000kms on it...only to find out it that the oil was over filled ( missed by the dealership) now we believe that all the issues I have had ( there have been many ) are due to that .The dealership is taking it back and I will be trying out and hoping for better luck with a brand new one as I truly adore mazda and love the cx5 ...fingers crossed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts