Mazda World Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently discovered that there was a recall on Mazda Tributes, model year 2001-2004, due to a rust issue on the frame parts. Please check out the youtube link for further details on this recall: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YO7lPC7GX98

I drive a 2005 Mazda Tribute and my car has the same exact issue!
I need to know why 2005 Mazda Tributes are not included on this recall!?!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2005 Mazda Tribute with the same passenger rear wheel well rusted out. The shock mount is broken and I'm not sure what else in there, but it cannot be driven. I am researching this issue to see if Mazda will do anything about this.

·
Registered
56 Posts
It seems to be a common issue with Mazda Tributes. Thank God they are finally doing something about it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Mazda has not publicly acknowledged this problem, nor have they recalled the factory error. Our 2005 Mazda Tribute has the exact problem, rusted rear right wheel well, shock protruding into the interior of the vehicle. Clear factory defect. What will it take before Mazda takes action to correct the problem?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Me too!!!! Same issue - 2005 Mazda Tribute! Just fell apart from the frame while driving yesterday - completely rusted out and I've made a complaint to the NTSB but I don't know what to do know. The repair cost is more than the value of my car. Ugh.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Wheel well rust issue

Had the banging noise suddenly start in my tribute over the weekend, took it to get the shock repaired and the mechanic showed me the rusted out wheel well and the shock hanging. Has there been any type of recall? Anyone have any suggestions for a repair?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Same issue with my Mazda, rear right passenger side. Hardly ANY rust anywhere else on my vehicle, but that part of the vehicle managed to rust through the inside of the vehicle. Not driveable anymore until this is addressed. Which is a shame, because the vehicle itself is very mechanically sound.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Has there been any recall information yet? I have the exact same problem! Everything was fine, till, boom, there's a gaping hole about my rear passenger tire and not the shock isn't even attached :(

·
Registered
1 Posts
My Fiance was driving her 2005 Tribute from the hospital where one of her grandson was in April/May 2017, Had the same issue. She called and complained to mazda and they said the 2005 was not recalled and there had been no complaints about it. You can get a new wheel well for it through Autozone, but the price to have someone fix it is outrageous. Also it will change the integrity of the vehicle if done. NHTSB needs to know about it but being a 2005, and higher mileage, Mazda doesn't seem to care to much. Sad thing is Mazda manufactured most of these vehicles in 2004 and dated them to be 2005. Sneaky trick that companies can do.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Same problem for us. I've files a complaint at the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration website (Issue 11058157).
If everybody took 10 minutes to do the same (SaferCar dot gov), maybe we could get some action on this.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My sister’s 2005 Tribute, build date 01/04, has had the right rear inner wheel well repaired for the shock pushing through the rust and into the passenger compartment. On 4/20/2021 I went to replace the brakes and exhaust system and found the right front side of the subframe rotted out to the point I don’t know what was/or is holding it together. I did file a complaint with NTHSA but I not holding my breath. I did document with photos and a video of the rust through. Anyone hear if Mazda is doing anything about the 2005 models built in January of 2004? Thanks in advance.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts