Mazda World Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well guys looks like I wont have my millenia to much longer...I just went out and ordered myself a mazdaspeed protege. You guys can go see my millenia at www.cardomain.com/id/theninemilly They dont know what the protege will be in but they know it will be later this fall. My millenia is forsale if anyone is interested. I have a bunch of stuff done to it so just email me and i can explain everything. Thanks

Brian

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Good choice man, you'll be able to out-slalom a BMW M3 :)

Anyways, I'd get that car if it weren't FWD.. I need a RWD car now :)

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
man that sucks you have a really nice Mil. good luck w/ the Protege, can you explain it, I know nothing about it. I know there is a new protege coming out... not MS though.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey nate,

The Mazda Speed Protege is very very similar to the MP3 protege. The MS protege has a 170 horsepower DOHC with a T25 garrett turbo. This car will run 0-60 in 6.9 seconds stock. That's not too bad but when im done with a couple mods should be running 0-60 in bout 5.5sec. They are only making 2000 of these cars and they will be Orange as where the MP3's where blue and yellow. The enigne on the new protege has been designed by calloway. Has sparco interior, and a banging ass kenwood stereo system. I have most of my mods already laid out....including coilovers, shorty shifter, full exhaust, t4 turbo, computerized wastegate, boost controller, sequential blow off valve, cold air intake, a wings west full body kit with fender flaires and some other stuff. When i know more information i will let you guys know. Hope this helped nate.

Brian

·
Registered
10,541 Posts
The Mazdaspeed Protege, is going to be a shining star, to the few who are lucky enough to get thier hands on one! I came accross three MP3's last year, and all three were at local dealerships too! (Northern VA)

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I forgot to mention that i already put my down payment on the car....i did that two weeks ago and i was the first person in line. So guess what that means....i get first dabs at this car!!! Should be nice. I'll keep u guys informed...i just saw a picture with all 2000 proteges sitting up in Flint, Mighigan getting there turbos put on....just thought i would let you know. lata

Brian

·
Registered
6 Posts
Mazdaspeed Protege has a limited slip differential,bigger brakes,stiffer springs than the MP3,thicker swaybars than the MP3,the Garret T25 turbocharger,thicker axles(i believe a 2mm increase over the MP3)....Mazda was also VERY conservative in rating the horsepower on this car...with very few mods I expect this car could hang with a WRX...from what I understand though we gotta do something about the torque steer....Car & Driver test drove it and said that the torque steer is so bad that you DONT wanna try a full throttle launch lined up real close to someone!

·
Registered
428 Posts
Have fun with your upcoming hot rod! I'm jealous! :p

·
Registered
9 Posts
Nice Millenia, why would you want a smaller car, don't get me wrong I like the Protege(I have a P5) and the Mazdaspeed Protege is a a great car, but you will miss the space in the Millenia.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I defenitly agree with you on the room in the millenia that i will be missing in my mazdaspeed protege. There are so many things that i am going to be giving up for this new car (ie: leather seats, climate control digital shit, power everything, MOONROOF!!!, electronic steer wheel, cruise control, and the whole luxurious look.) I sure am giving up alot for this car but oh well i want something new and my millenia is beautiful im not gonna lie i love that car to death i just wanna buy something new for once. I just talked to my mazda dealer and the car should be here in the first week of november and at the latest nov 15th.

Brian

·
Registered
2 Posts
I defenitly agree with you on the room in the millenia that i will be missing in my mazdaspeed protege. There are so many things that i am going to be giving up for this new car (ie: leather seats, climate control digital shit, power everything, MOONROOF!!!, electronic steer wheel, cruise control, and the whole luxurious look.) I sure am giving up alot for this car but oh well i want something new and my millenia is beautiful im not gonna lie i love that car to death i just wanna buy something new for once. I just talked to my mazda dealer and the car should be here in the first week of november and at the latest nov 15th.

Brian[/b]

i have a mazdaSPEED PROTEGE i either need a engine FAST or i am selling the car for cheap as is.....

its a 2003.5 has 40,000 miles needs engine some upgrades call me with info PLEASSSSEEEEEEE 862 264 7490

1 - 12 of 12 Posts