Mazda World Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
10,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I personally think the new "strategy" will be unsuccesful. The reason is because just about every Mazda vehicle already has several well established site(s) that is vehicle specific; hence, it will be extremely difficult to convince those site members to make the switch to mazdaworld.org. How much do you want to bet that members are willing to stay loyal to thier existing site(s).

The Millenia forum will always seem small and under developed in comparision to other vehicles, like the RX7, Miata, Protege' et cetera. That's simply a phenomenon we have to accept and make do with. However, I do/did believe with a little effort and strategic marketing, mazdamillenia.org could have grown to more than 200 active members by Q3 of 2003.

Keeping the site focused (Millenia) oriented is the best method in obtaining, recognition from performance vendors and the like. But this ain't my website, and I can't call the shots.

But hey, I'll still frequent the "new" site.

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Yes, but I won't have a Millenia for much longer, as I'm giving it to my brother, and getting the RX-8 when it comes out.

Sooo... instead of me getting bored and then lazy, and letting this site deteriorate, I'll try to start a home for all Mazdas (though I know everybody has a speciality forum), with tech guides and such to make it more popular. I'm working on those technical guides now.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Well I already posted something similar but here goes. I disagree with the decision but just like seldomseen it isn't my site. I just think it would be better if we kept it here.. kept it exclusive. Maybe you should let your brother take over the site? I think that having all mazda's on one site is not going to help our car.. it's just going to help it get lost further in the crowd.

·
Registered
903 Posts
I personally will be dissapointed to see this site go. Its such a great resource for an otherwise specialty crowd. Too bad the site crashed originally, otherwize I think there would probably be more involvment. The thing i'm gonna miss the most is the URL name. I do think there would be more participation if the site if it contiued to operate.

·
Registered
365 Posts
i also do not agree with this change but like everyone else has said it's not my site. Well if this changes i dont know how much longer i will be at this site. This site is great for millenia's but not for all types of mazda's. We have our own niche here and i think it will would be best for everyone if it just stayed as millenia's only.

Brian

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Yea, but the thing is, I won't own a Millenia for long. I will however, be owning a RX-8 soon.

Besides, there are lots of communities that are broad, and have lots of support for each car. Like bimmerfest.org, audiworld.com, and a lot more.

Besides, there is a forum dedicated to Millenia's only, broader topics I have separated (like Audio, Security, etc).. so you can still discuss JUST the Millenia in that forum (as it was before I switched servers). So you aren't going to lose ANYTHING, just gain other people with which to converse about audio, security, and even 626 owners who have experience with the 2.5 engine.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I just want to put my two cents in. I do have to agree that I did like it better when it was strictly a Millenia site. I understand that you are getting an RX-8 and wont be a Millenia owner anymore but we all still are. Time and time again I get asked "Why the hell are you tring to do anything with that car?" I belive that is what we are going to get from the other Mazda owners of this site and that will not be enjoyable. Mazdamillenia.org was a place us Millenia owners could get away from all that B.S. and help each other out. One idea that I do have is maybe some way of blocking the Millenia section from other users. Maybe have to send pictures to you Shay before we get a password to that section or something. It is just an idea. I am tired from the harrasment of other car owners harping on me foe working on my Millenia. A lot of people do love my car. I get at least one compliment a week from a random stranger but I also get at least you dis a week from another person. I can look past all that. I am a bigger person then the people that want to hate on me for doing something different. The one thing I will miss like I said is the place we called Mazdamillenia.org, my start-up page and my home as far as my ride where I know I will not be hated on but appreicated.

·
Registered
349 Posts
okay i just want to say. i really like this site, it is really cool. i like being able to read about everyone's mazda, their questions, concerns, etc. i have a mazda 626, and i couldnt find a page just for 626's. but now that i found this page, its great, cuz a lot of people that are members here own 626's. whats wrong with it being a mazda site? it is expanded, mazda is a family, and all the mazda cars should be included, i mean why not? why exclude the other mazdas? all i know is i speak for people who dont have mili. and its hard to find sites just for 626...so this is really cool, and i could care less if other mazdas are in here, cuz mazda is one big family. :D it would be different if u tried to combine ford with mazda or some crazy stuff like that.

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Originally posted by 626GrL@Sep 24 2002, 08:30 PM
okay i just want to say. i really like this site, it is really cool. i like being able to read about everyone's mazda, their questions, concerns, etc. i have a mazda 626, and i couldnt find a page just for 626's. but now that i found this page, its great, cuz a lot of people that are members here own 626's. whats wrong with it being a mazda site? it is expanded, mazda is a family, and all the mazda cars should be included, i mean why not? why exclude the other mazdas? all i know is i speak for people who dont have mili. and its hard to find sites just for 626...so this is really cool, and i could care less if other mazdas are in here, cuz mazda is one big family. :D it would be different if u tried to combine ford with mazda or some crazy stuff like that.
Hehe, the OLD site was "mazdamillenia.org"... and it was millenia exclusive.

So when I told people I was switching it, because there's no really good Mazda sites out there, for ALL cars... people weren't taking a liking to it initially.

But I think I've won them over :)

·
Registered
74 Posts
Keep up the good work with the site.
It will only be a matter of time before this site gets huge. I'm throwing around the word to all the other forums I frequent.

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Originally posted by zuke626@Sep 25 2002, 11:54 AM
Keep up the good work with the site.
It will only be a matter of time before this site gets huge. I'm throwing around the word to all the other forums I frequent.
Preciate that :)

·
Registered
2,693 Posts
Just a note to the Millenia guys and gals out there.

If you maintain your strong presence at this site, I don't think anyone's going to have a problem if you want to talk about Millenias. They are Mazdas, after all, and this site is intended to cater to all Mazda vehicles and enthusiasts - not just the usual RX-7 and Miata fans. (The fact that even the MPV has a section of this forum should tell you something.)

On the other hand, if you decide not to keep up your support for Millenias on this site, you can expect other people with other cars to pick up the slack - after all, this was (and still is, from what I've seen) the best place on the web for Millenia fans to congregate.

It's a two-way street, you know?

Duncan :D - keep it in mind

Last edited by hondaboy81 at Sep 25 2002, 08:06 PM

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Originally posted by hondaboy81@Sep 25 2002, 09:06 PM
Just a note to the Millenia guys and gals out there.

If you maintain your strong presence at this site, I don't think anyone's going to have a problem if you want to talk about Millenias. They are Mazdas, after all, and this site is intended to cater to all Mazda vehicles and enthusiasts - not just the usual RX-7 and Miata fans. (The fact that even the MPV has a section of this forum should tell you something.)

On the other hand, if you decide not to keep up your support for Millenias on this site, you can expect other people with other cars to pick up the slack - after all, this was (and still is, from what I've seen) the best place on the web for Millenia fans to congregate.

It's a two-way street, you know?

Duncan :D - keep it in mind
Yea, this is an old post just bumped to the top :p

The site was once "mazdamillenia.org", but I decided about 2 months ago to change it over to MazdaWorld.org instead.

I got a lot of "don't do that" and "I don't think it's a good idea" comments, but I think that since I went ahead and did it, people don't mind. I catered to what people would want to see, so I set up sub-forums for the Millenia just like we had on the old site. I separated the Audio sections and some other things out of it, and boom.. it's essentially the same site.

I'm glad traffic is picking up here, it's good to see we are getting a home going for all things Mazda. When the RX-8, Mazda6, Mazdaspeed Protege are released.. this site should pick up some more. It's not on the search engines yet but soon it will be, and then we'll get more traffic.

And then we will also have a voice to Mazda, if we get big enough. The example would be Audiworld, or Bimmerfest where the companies actually read around and see what people want and have resulted in changes to their cars.

Right now though, the Audi people are pissed because the next S4 is going to be slower than the M3 :p

I don't get the obsession bout speed anyways..

·
Registered
2,693 Posts
Oh, I know that. I'm just trying to keep everyone together...one big happy family and all.

Duncan :D - spreading the love

·
Registered
428 Posts
Yea, spread the love. Zoom! Zoom! Zoom! Can I be a moderator now? :D B)

·
Registered
349 Posts
milleniafalcon, you really wanna be a moderator eh? you only have like 87 posts, geez.
i think if anyone becomes a moderator it should be maxspeed with over 100 posts, and he hasnt even been at this site that long, and he he helps out in every section of the site for 626 owners, etc. he is smart and knows what he is talking about :D

·
Registered
2,693 Posts
Funny - now you have 87 posts, too! ^_^

Duncan :D - coincidence, I guess

·
Registered
903 Posts
I personally think that the moderator should have something to do with MAZDA, not some crap nissan affiliation with a mazda site(thats lame). On top of that I would say 30%+ your 'hubbys' posts are completly garbage, and it sucks b/c I think there is a new post and its just a smily. Plus all the love talk between you two makes me sick!

-Bryan(keepin it real)

1 - 20 of 51 Posts