Mazda World Forum banner

21 - 40 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
7,558 Posts
since when did i want 626 brakes?

actually there was a post about i believe a 323 that was in the lounge at one point that i wanted to find but couldn't since the search didn't allow less than 4 chars. i dunno if it's since been changed.

T

·
0 Posts
Here is a serious suggestion
Why not make posting in the louge count towards ones post number, then maybe all the whoring will stay in the lounge and not all over MW.

So why not make post whoring count in the lounge maybe that will slow down the whores :shifty:

·
Registered
2,693 Posts
Originally posted by Renboy@Jun 19 2004, 01:17 AM
1) Beneath everyone's avatar, have the model, year, engine, and transmission type listed so that anyone trying to help has more information that they need to give advice.  I've seen a lot of times posts that say nothing but:  what year? what engine? is it a MTX or ATX?
I can't guarantee that every new member will do it, but it's certainly worth suggesting. I'll try to get something like this going.

2) I have two problems with the post count:  firstly, someone with a very high post count may be confused by noobs to have a very high level of experience with cars, this we all know is not necessarily true.  Secondly, it's the source of many problems with this site, which has very recently been proven.  I don't think the post count should be eliminated altogether, it has become a very integral part of MW, I do hawever think that it should only be visible in members profiles rather than by every post.
Post counts are worthless, true. But moving them to profiles wouldn't help, as I suspect the bandwidth increase caused by everyone constantly clicking and reclicking into other people's profiles would kill this site. (Just a theory, but you never know.)

3) Someone should be given Editor status and use that to go through old threads and delete the crap that's in them.  I don't mean do them all in one sitting, but over time clean out threads that had potential to be very useful, but alas ended poorly.
[snapback]129251[/snapback]​
That's sort of my job...but Lord, the time it takes to weed out all the crap in these forums is immense. It's one reason I now dread coming back here rather than enjoying it.

I'm making a pledge to work on it, though. MEMBER COOPERATION WOULD HELP (hint hint), but since that's a pipe dream, I'll just do it myself.

[EDIT: Many, many posts in this thread have been deleted.]

·
Registered
2,693 Posts
Originally posted by the_saint@Oct 19 2004, 10:15 AM
good question roof
i think he means members should ease up on the whoring
[snapback]207185[/snapback]​
Bingo. :clap:

·
Registered
3,410 Posts
Originally posted by Duncan@Oct 18 2004, 08:53 PM
That's sort of my job...but Lord, the time it takes to weed out all the crap in these forums is immense. It's one reason I now dread coming back here rather than enjoying it.

I'm making a pledge to work on it, though. MEMBER COOPERATION WOULD HELP (hint hint), but since that's a pipe dream, I'll just do it myself.

Don't think Duncan is the only one who edits and cleans threads.....the other moderators do it constantly too....I go through many threads regularly and split and delete the useless content...its extremely time consuming and has now become a job....a little self moderation, or MEMBER COOPERATION would certainly cut down the task.

This site isn't littered because of lack of moderation, infact, this site has more moderator activity than many I participate on. It is littered with random garbage because it has an abundance of people who believe the forum purpose is to act as a chat room, rather than an information based site for Mazdas......

·
Registered
2,693 Posts
Yeah, what he said. :D

Believe me, I know I'm not the only one who hates picking up after the kiddies here.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Originally posted by ///BHRpowered@Jul 24 2004, 12:24 PM
2. I have never said that a high post count means you know more about cars. I have certainly learned alot more about cars from my time spent on the boards as I'm sure many have. Again, nothing to do with a post count.

3.  Isn't this exactly what moderators are for?
[snapback]151083[/snapback]​
i agree with BHRpowered here...
also , i think we got a too large forum for soo little to talk about you can have only so many things breaking on your car...
only so many things that you got no clue on how to work 'embut there always is something funny to say ...or bitch about...or whore against...
that would only stop with a chat room... the easiest way would be that
somewhere in the forum is a link to let's say yahoo messenger and we'd
just have a conference chat...and invite people in ...
well my 2 cent seem to have turned into 2 dimes
... you guys do whatever you feel like, anyway

·
Premium Member
219 Posts
Originally posted by cdisneynow@Oct 21 2004, 01:38 AM
i agree with BHRpowered here...
also , i think we got a too large forum for soo little to talk about (unless you're rucker)
you can have only so many things breaking on your car...
only so many things that you got no clue on how to work 'em (again, unless you're rucker)
but there always is something funny to say ...or bitch about...or whore against...
that would only stop with a chat room... the easiest way would be that
somewhere in the forum is a link to let's say yahoo messenger and we'd
just have a conference chat...and invite people in ...
well my 2 cent seem to have turned into 2 dimes
... you guys do whatever you feel like, anyway
[snapback]208197[/snapback]​
I think a chat feature would be nice however, i dont think it would stop whoring. There is the Lounge and GTGB but yet the whoring coninutes. Look at some of the current threads in the Lounge and the only difference from a chat room is that its not real time(yes i know i'm in some of those threads). In my opinion the only thing that has a chance of stopping the whorefests is to remove postcounts all together.

21 - 40 of 53 Posts