Mazda World Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Towed to a shop, they changed the distributor and crank sensor,but still won't start, Then towed to a mazda dealer, they only want to sell me a new car. Then towed back home, help, any idea appreciated?
Millenia 2001 only 105000 miles.

Here is the details

my vehicle suddenly lost power when i drove at low speed (~10m) for red light ahead. i turned off and pull over to the side

i got two code from Torque with Bluetooth OBD2 scan tool: P1345 and P1521

The P1521 is from (VRIS) Solenoid Valve No. 1 Circuit Malfunction solenoids, i have this problem for couple of month. i changed a used one which was from ebay before,

but the code only disappeared for several weeks, then came back. but i am sure it won't effect the start.

P1345 - Camshaft position (CMP/SGC) sensor circuit malfunction
Possible causes
- Faulty Camshaft Position Sensor
- Camshaft Position Sensor harness is open or shorted
- Camshaft Position Sensor circuit poor electrical connection

I tried to start the vehicle, or clear the code and try again, it won't start at all.
at the shop they changed the distributor and then the crank sensor, but nothing works.
as mazdasonfleet said, the mazda dealer only want to make sale.

now, i can't see any code from torque
the drive status since DTC clear is: Misfire:complete, fuel system complete, components: complete, others: not avail
the engine linght engine light is on when the key is at on.
when turn to start, i can hear crank but no rpm.

i checked the main relay , i can hear clicks when unplugging/plugging the relay.

i unplugged the wire of MAF sensor, the car still won't start.

i will update any progress.

Thx

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hello Giant,
My Mazda Millenia is a 2002 S. I had that problem two months ago. I had my car checked and the problem was my car would start but it would not stay on, after a few tries it would not start at all. I had a new mass air flow sensor installed (Get this checked before purchasing a new one(( This may not be the problem)). That solved my problem. A previous time I also drove my car to the dealership and when I pulled up the sales person came out immediately and asked If wanted to trade in my vehicle or could he interest me in getting a new Mazda. These people are all about making sales. Good luck to you on your journey.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you, i will check that.

Hello Giant,
My Mazda Millenia is a 2002 S. I had that problem two months ago. I had my car checked and the problem was my car would start but it would not stay on, after a few tries it would not start at all. I had a new mass air flow sensor installed (Get this checked before purchasing a new one(( This may not be the problem)). That solved my problem. A previous time I also drove my car to the dealership and when I pulled up the sales person came out immediately and asked If wanted to trade in my vehicle or could he interest me in getting a new Mazda. These people are all about making sales. Good luck to you on your journey.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts