Mazda World Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I see that only RockAuto has any aftermarket replacement front struts left in stock. (These are for regular replacement, no lowering/performance enhancement) There are Gabriel brand G51828 front left, G51827 front right. Only 4 left $61.79 each plus shipping. RockAuto Parts Catalog 5% discount code is 3749398322374026 that you put into the "where did you hear about us" box...
Gabriel rear struts G51826 are already out of stock though you can search for the rears in other brands:
Monroe 72454
KYB 341259
Sensen 3212-0274
Parts Master/Les Schwab/Pep Boys G53826

fyi

Hope this helps someone out there

·
Registered
48 Posts
I cannot thank you enough was looking for those today, my after market supplier didn't have anything and Dealer was 302$can each. (trade price) over 350 regular

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
there are 3 different shocks, and they are NOT interchangeable. the 95-96 had larger shafts. so if you have a 97-00 my car, the early shocks will not fit. it is possible(i dont know for sure) they would fit if the upper strut mount and nut from the early cars is used. 01-my had a different configuration on the upper strut mount/bump stop. again, i dont know if early or mid year shocks can be used on the later cars. those who have tried the kyb afm rear shocks find out that they are for the early car, larger shaft/nut/mount. also, the bracket for the brake line is not in the correct place. so, if the gabriels are made for the 95-96 my, good luck on using them for later years. having changed shocks on the millenia, it is such a pain in the butt job, i sure would not like to discover they are the wrong part after taking everything apart.

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
The struts get very little wear on them, due to the Millenia using a multi-link suspension. I wouldn't change the front struts unless they blew out. You can also find these struts on Amazon, Autozone, and Summit not scarce or rare at all. If your stock OE struts are still halfway decent, they are probably better than a new set of Gabriel.

I found this review on Amazon.

Amazon Review:

I bought these struts for my 1999 Mazda Millenia because they were cheaper than OEM, and I thought they would be OK since they had a Gabriel brand on them. They are only slightly better than the worn out OEM struts I replaced. I have had them on the car a few months and they are getting worse by the day. Spend a little more and get some struts that work. These are garbage.

·
4,952 Posts
Agreed, unless they are blown dont touch. I had clunking on the front left. After changing everything I decided to change the strut seat. I shouldnt call it a "change" since they were not there anymore. The same job as changing the strut. What a PITA. My clunking didnt go away and I realized my shock is blown. I bought a used assembly (with the spring) with low miles and replace the whole thing, no more clunks. $80, done. The price difference between OEM and aftermarket should tell you something about the quality.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts