Mazda World Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, my Miller has this weird squeal that only comes when giving gas, the more gas the louder/higher pitched squeal.. Doesnt follow RPM, I can cruise at 2k rpm with no squeal if I'm light on the gas.
I've tried applying belt dressing to the belts, no change in sound..
When cold, the sound appears with almost no (5-10%) gas input, but requires a bit more gas when warm (15-20%)
Any guesses as to what it is? I've changed the alternator belt recently, and am planning to change the supercharger belt aswell..
If I accelerate with decent power, the squealing keeps going until you let off the speeder..
Video of the squeal below

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Could be a belt.....bad tensioner?
Hey, on further inspection it comes from the other side of the engine.

I think it might be a bad intake manifold gasket, or some air leaking from somewhere around there.

I've ordered 2x original manifold gaskets, and 2x valvecover gaskets, should I get any other gaskets for the job?

·
Registered
52 Posts
I have a 2000 Millenia S. When its cold the leak is more apparent until it warms up and the metal expands and then it takes a bit more pressure to squeal. And you only hear it squeal when you're on the gas because the supercharger is boosting. I also stripped one of the bolts that connect the rear intercooler to the piping. I'd bet your sound is coming from one of those connections.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have a 2000 Millenia S. When its cold the leak is more apparent until it warms up and the metal expands and then it takes a bit more pressure to squeal. And you only hear it squeal when you're on the gas because the supercharger is boosting. I also stripped one of the bolts that connect the rear intercooler to the piping. I'd bet your sound is coming from one of those connections.
Isn't the supercharging making boost all the time??

On further inspection from underneath, I have a major exhaust leak from the rear exhaust manifold gasket on the most left cylinder.. The squeal is most likely coming from there, so I'll replace that first. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts