Mazda World Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings,

Does anyone have any information or feedback about the Minidisc players that are available in the new Mazdas.

My wife and I are considering buying Tribute, and since I have recently gone over into the minidisc realm (Portables) I'd like some insight.

Are theirs any good, or will I have to pull their audio system and put in my own system?

Please advise.

·
Registered
329 Posts
How long have minidisc players been out?

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Originally posted by GOODYMAN@Sep 21 2002, 11:02 AM
Greetings,

Does anyone have any information or feedback about the Minidisc players that are available in the new Mazdas.

My wife and I are considering buying Tribute, and since I have recently gone over into the minidisc realm (Portables) I'd like some insight.

Are theirs any good, or will I have to pull their audio system and put in my own system?

Please advise.
Remains to be seen.. none of the new Mazdas have gotten a stereo review, though I'd personally check out the Mazda6 when it comes out, just to see the stereo :)

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
This is not a joke... I remember seeing home and portable minidisc PLAYERS in spiegel catalogs in like 1995. All you could do though was buy full length albums on minidisc. That seemed to die out.... but minidisc RECORDERS came out in like 97 or 98 (from what I can remember... i have no specific dates + a foggy memory :)

·
Registered
0 Posts
hmm, well i remember having a sony m50 or something minidisk player on the bus in 8th grade, so atleast 6 years give or take, but i had to make all my own mixes, i think they never caught on because no artists really recorded on them, but i still think there great

·
Registered
6 Posts
GOODMAN, you can order a minidisc player from your local MAZDA dealer parts department. The audio unit in your TRIBUTE has a space for a minidisc player or cassette player and very easy to install.

·
Registered
10,541 Posts
No word of a lie, I remember when sony first released this concept. I knew it would work. Those phuckers are always trying to be innovative. But the majority of their products are mediocore.

·
Registered
0 Posts
mini disks were damn cool, its shame they never took off. I wouldn't recommend it because you need to get another player and burn all the music on anyway.

·
Registered
10,541 Posts
Originally posted by seldomseen@Mar 7 2003, 05:08 PM
No word of a lie, I remember when sony first released this concept. I knew it would work. Those phuckers are always trying to be innovative. But the majority of their products are mediocore.
I remember the mini disc concept, trying to stary on par with Compact Disks..................The key to innovation is TIMING..............

·
Registered
2,693 Posts
MD pre-recorded albums are fairly popular in Europe, I believe, as are MD player/recorder units themselves. The format just never seemed to catch on here for some reason.

Duncan :D

·
Registered
10,541 Posts
Originally posted by Duncan@Mar 10 2003, 09:01 PM
MD pre-recorded albums are fairly popular in Europe, I believe, as are MD player/recorder units themselves. The format just never seemed to catch on here for some reason.

Duncan :D
Americans...................

1 - 11 of 11 Posts