Mazda World Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, I just picked up a 92 929, super clean 1 owner car. Just getting into 929's so I know little about them and the aftermarket available. Most of what I see seems to be for the HC's not the HD's. My plans for the car are an LS swap and bags, but would like to start doing some light mods to the car while I gather up stuff for that project. In terms of swappable parts from other mazda's, is there anything thats direct or almost direct bolt ons from like an Rx7? I own multiple Rx7's and have/know where to get tons of stuff for those, so it would be super nice if they somehow could share parts.
Some mods I'm thinking about doing would be :
  • nice exhaust, nothing loud or obnoxious, probably just welding on a new universal muffler at the tail pipe.
  • Coilovers or just lowering springs and new shocks. Want to bag it eventually so if any other cars struts can be used/modded to be used that would be cool.
  • Brakes, I'm a big fan of fixed calipers so a set of FD or T2 FC calipers would be nice to adapt to the 929
  • Don't plan on doing anything to the engine other than keeping it running until the v8 goes in.
  • Body kit, I've seen a few 929's on the internet with a nice body kit that gets rid of the rounded bumper and adds side skirts, would anyone know if this kit is still available or am I gonna have to wait for someone to sell one used?

I'm also looking to fix a few things on the car before using it as my daily. The alternator just went out on my, rock auto had one so I ordered it, seems like a straight forward job, not the easiest location but not impossible. The valve covers are leaking a little so I'd like to replace the gaskets, I'm assuming the intake needs to come off, but is it just the upper plenum or the whole thing? Also would I need to take the timing cover off?
The trans has an intermittent HOLD light that flashes, doesn't really seem to change anything when I'm driving except maybe not down shift as aggresive?
Also looking for a few parts that are broken on the car when I got it, like the door handles seem to be coming off from the door, and the plastic license plate surround is broken by the tail lights. So if anyone knows how available these parts are that would be great.

Not sure how active this forum is, or if there is a more active forum I should be looking for but thought I'd give this a try. When I start my LS swap, I plan to document the whole thing and would like to post it somewhere so let me know !

·
Registered
79 Posts
That sounds like a fun project for you. My buddy's uncle got a 929 project before and he installed body kits. I'm gonna visit my friend next week for the installation of the suspension and bumpers from 4Wheelonline onto his Wrangler. I'll see if I can ask his uncle about the 929.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts