Mazda World Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so there is gonna be more than one moderator added to mazdaworld? are you gonna assign moderators like one to the 626 section, one to the millenia section, or what? i notcied the moderator extreme does like 3 sections, are u gonna split it up? sorry im kinda anxious to find out what will happen. :lol:

*emily
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,541 Posts
i think we have enough mods, to handle the site volume we're currently experiencing. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,410 Posts
I would agree. Don't we already have a 626 moderator in Maxspeed. Plus we have extermin8r, and Duncan.....Thats probably enough for now.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,541 Posts
Originally posted by skiusa2003@Mar 6 2003, 05:53 PM
I would agree. Don't we already have a 626 moderator in Maxspeed. Plus we have extermin8r, and Duncan.....Thats probably enough for now.
All we need now are POSTWHORES thus far there's three: myself, ski, and bhr........................
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,410 Posts
We could use about 200 or so of those :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,541 Posts
Originally posted by skiusa2003@Mar 6 2003, 06:33 PM
We could use about 200 or so of those :)
do u think people are embarassed to post? it's almost like a they think they'll get flammed for posting irrelevant topics.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,693 Posts
Hey, nothing wrong with irrelevance. That's what the Lounge is for, so feel free to use it as such.

I think the only reason more people don't post is because we don't yet have enough "super-experts" who can answer any question someone might have. Personally, I do my best to help people troubleshoot their problems, but I'm not a trained mechanic and I haven't memorized all the Mazda parts catalogs. So my skills only go so far in that regard.

Also, we simply need to get more people in here with different cars. Once I eventually get a Protege (please, God, let it be this summer), I'll try to become the resident ringleader for that car. But we're missing all the B-series truck fans, the MX-6/Probe guys, the classic rotary people (R100, RX-2, RX-3, etc.), and we still have no strong Miata or RX-7 contingent (excepting Kaneto, who's got a beautiful ride). It'll happen eventually, I have no doubt. But in the meantime, everyone should make the effort to browse the lesser-visted forums from time to time and try to help people out if at all possible.

But most of all, have patience. I still stand by my statement that this is the most diverse and accommodating Mazda site on the web, and I have no doubts that it will become big in the future.

Duncan :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,541 Posts
Originally posted by Duncan@Mar 7 2003, 03:34 AM
Hey, nothing wrong with irrelevance. That's what the Lounge is for, so feel free to use it as such.

I think the only reason more people don't post is because we don't yet have enough "super-experts" who can answer any question someone might have. Personally, I do my best to help people troubleshoot their problems, but I'm not a trained mechanic and I haven't memorized all the Mazda parts catalogs. So my skills only go so far in that regard.

Also, we simply need to get more people in here with different cars. Once I eventually get a Protege (please, God, let it be this summer), I'll try to become the resident ringleader for that car. But we're missing all the B-series truck fans, the MX-6/Probe guys, the classic rotary people (R100, RX-2, RX-3, etc.), and we still have no strong Miata or RX-7 contingent (excepting Kaneto, who's got a beautiful ride). It'll happen eventually, I have no doubt. But in the meantime, everyone should make the effort to browse the lesser-visted forums from time to time and try to help people out if at all possible.

But most of all, have patience. I still stand by my statement that this is the most diverse and accommodating Mazda site on the web, and I have no doubts that it will become big in the future.

Duncan :D
not enough people own a millenia to be an expert. shit the mazda mechanics dont know shit about he millenia either! :rofl: :rofl:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,410 Posts
We need to go to other Mazda Forums and become members, and recruit them to come here. I am most defenetly the Mazda expert! :ph34r: . No, but if you have any questions about VW, Audi, BMW, or Porsche I'll be happy to help :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,541 Posts
Originally posted by skiusa2003@Mar 7 2003, 11:28 AM
We need to go to other Mazda Forums and become members, and recruit them to come here. I am most defenetly the Mazda expert! :ph34r: . No, but if you have any questions about VW, Audi, BMW, or Porsche I'll be happy to help :)
I have been doing this peroidically, NO LUCK though, they lock solicitation.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
0 Posts
ski, seldom(seenallthefrickentime) and myself are truly post whores, but remember, I'm the dirtiest of them all. I do however try to offer all knowledge I have towards the millenia as well as any other techical forums/threads.questions
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,693 Posts
Originally posted by seldomseen@Mar 7 2003, 09:57 AM
I have been doing this peroidically, NO LUCK though, they lock solicitation.
Well, don't go over to other forums solely to advertise this site -- if I were an admin at one of those sites, I wouldn't appreciate that either. However, a nice way to get the word out is to simply be a good, helpful citizen over at those other sites and just include a link to MazdaWorld in your signature.

The last time I tried this was over at MX6.com, where I took the podium and gave a brief history of the Mazda/Ford relationship that brought the MX6 and Probe into being (the text of which is also available in the MX6 section of this site). But I haven't had the time to get over there recently and keep putting the word out, so I don't believe we've gained any new members yet from that site.

I do keep a fairly regular presence over at the C/D forums, though, and Shayaan makes an appearance over there every now and then. That's all it really takes.

Duncan :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
0 Posts
I think I should be a mod, infact, myself, seldom and ski l should once we makethis site hug, after all, we go though like every single thread, forum and post 4-5 times a day.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,541 Posts
Originally posted by ///BHRpowered@Mar 8 2003, 12:31 AM
I think I should be a mod, infact, myself, seldom and ski l should once we makethis site hug, after all, we go though like every single thread, forum and post 4-5 times a day.
What are u willing to do to become a Moderater!?!? :whistle:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,410 Posts
I wanted to be a moderator......buy Shayaan didn't pick me :'(

Moderator = power w/no respect
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,541 Posts
Originally posted by skiusa2003@Mar 10 2003, 07:10 PM
I wanted to be a moderator......buy Shayaan didn't pick me :'(

Moderator = power w/no respect
why didn't he pick you?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,410 Posts
Probably because I didn't tell him I wanted to be one. I remember loging in for the first time in a week, and seeing a thread...........and the new moderators are............Duncan and Maxspeed

WTF!!!!! :angry:

I'm over it :zzz:
 
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Top