Mazda World Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ran into some old friend the other night at a 24 hour restaraunt and one of them (whom I'm not to fond of) had just purchased a mid 90's MR2. Now, I dont know much about the cars....but I think his was stock and a non-turbo. Anyway, he was telling me how fast his car was and that it could beat most anything in our area (nothing to brag about). I left and went home....Later that night I left again and I saw him drive by. I flipped a bitch and followed him. We pulled up 1,2 at a stop light but I couldn't get over because there was a truck there.....we tried through about 4 lights before we both hit a solid red light. I shifted my Millenia S into L and pushed the hold button. The light turned and for the first 5 feet he was maybe in front a couple inches.....by the time my car was near red line I turned off the hold button....allowing the car to shift to 2nd gear. By this time the front of my car was about 8 feet infront of his. By the time I hit 50-60 and bumped the tranny into S, the front of his car was about 3 feet behind my car. The next light was green and we kept going. By the time I hit 100 he was a few lengths behind.

In the next intersection there was a cop :eek: . He of course pulled out lights blaring and pulled the MR2 over I wasn't about to slow down so I kept going. I slowed to about 60 15 seconds later and a cop with his lights on was in the oncoming lane. I saw him blow by me. I figured he was after me so I ducked into a residential area and made my way to a friends house.

Today (sunday, race was friday) I found out that the dude got busted for doubling the limit, driving with no license, no proof of ownership (because it was new he didn't have registration), and reckless driving. I don't know the amount of the ticket but apparently he told him he didn't know the person he was racing but anyway.....I dont race a lot of people in my car but that was defenitly worth it B)

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Nice one man... that guy got jacked haha. Why would you buy an MR-2 and talk about how fast it is if it not a turbo? I mean, the N/A ones are worthless. If that had been a turbo model though... you would have gotten killed... those are fast as hell. Still, that guys a *** for talking about how fast his N/A is... he deserved the tickets and the beatdown :lol:

·
Registered
329 Posts
yeah i know a kid in my area with a MR2 turbo model and its fast...he has a bost control and is running 13 psi, and i couldent out run him when i raced him, beat him by 3 feet if that

1 - 4 of 4 Posts