Mazda World Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to update my GPS SD card. It shows 6388mb used with 7572mb total space. When I did the update it sat at waiting to finalize the update for over 1 1/2 hours with no advancement. My question is this, should I format the SD card to rid it of all the used up space or will that screw things up? It makes sense to format it but I'm a little hesitant without asking the experts first. Thanks in advance for your input.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Administrator
222 Posts
So does anyone know if I can format the SD card to free up some space?
hmmmmm I dunno. You would think that the update wouldn't be so large that the card can't take it. You would also assume that the "update" isn't a full replacement for all of the data.

If I were doing it I would call my local dealer and ask a tech guy. I never update mine because it is only two years old how much are the roads going to change in that time?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, they just changed the speed limits in my city and I use the speed announcement feature (have no idea if that's what it's called.) and I have a heavy foot. I actually tried the update again and it worked fine, I'm calling Mazda tomorrow to see if they might know what happened. Thanks for your input.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts