Mazda World Forum banner

1 - 20 of 146 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, this is my 1990 HC Luce.

Mods so far include:
3'' turbo back exhaust with hi flow cat, pod filter with custom heat shield, boost controller set at 12psi from factory 9psi,
19'' rims, boost and air/fuel gauge, big stereo, alarm ect

intercooler should be getting plumbed up any day now, then fuel pressure regulator and dyno tune :thumbsup:

let me know what you guys think

·
Registered
931 Posts
i love ya car louie!!

how does it go with the boost upped a bit?

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks mate.

it goes better than stock but desperatly needs fuel in the top rpm.

weird thing is my brothers Luce is running stock boost but more fuel and shits on mine.
he doesnt have an aftermarket fuel pressure reg either... any ideas how its running rich?

cheers Louis

ps Nitros: i love the idea of your manual 929 and have similar plans for mine in the not to distant future :D

·
Registered
931 Posts
more fuel aye.. umm no idea how he did it, theres a little mod i want to do tho, that involves putting a resistor im parallel with the water temp sensor so the computer thinks that it is always cold and therefore puts more fuel. We did it to my cousins 5L holden/chev motor and it works a treat.

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
Clean ride LAG-929, you should host your pictures on Photobucket, they're pretty small to look at. 19's might be amoung the largest wheels Ive witnessed here on Mazdaworld for an HC. Although I think it could use some lower offsets and drop bad with shoes that big. Any plans for that ?

Id like to see some pictures of your 3" exhuast set up as well if you can. Im looking forward to the dyno tune.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nitros: his airflow sensor has been tampered with and i have been told it may have a different resistor to make it think it has more air than it does therefore dumping more fuel in.

if you have anymore info on this please dont be shy lol

Deuce: i put FC RX7 struts in the car but the 19''s were just too big and fouled on the spring. i could make it work with a 10mm spacer but im really keen on the coilovers Babalouie is getting from G4.
the offeset is perfect at the moment as it doesn't scrub with 225's up front and 245's on the arse.

future plans include: illegal window tint, slammed on coilovers, manual conversion and a bit more power with the new intercooler setup and possibly hi-flow the stock turbo with some meaty injectors.

cheers Louis

ps i found some more photos but they are still small

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
Sounds like a plan. I was wondering what was going on with the progress of those coilovers from Babalouie.

Are your rims staggered ? If so what are the specs.

·
Registered
937 Posts
very smooth, i like.... i like a lot

there is some regulator near fuel pressure regulator, im not sure if that has to do with fuel but i think it does.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sounds like a plan. I was wondering what was going on with the progress of those coilovers from Babalouie.

Are your rims staggered ? If so what are the specs.[/b]
whats staggered?

looks like ill be trying the resistor mod tomorrow :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
Wider in the back than the front.

·
Registered
267 Posts
I was wondering what was going on with the progress of those coilovers from Babalouie.[/b]
Luce is in for paint at the moment, so is out of my hands for maybe a mth or so. G4 Coilover project will begin again in earnest when I get the car back again :D

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
Sounds good, keepin the dream alive.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Im not sure where your from but i can do you an intercooler kit in tig welded polished stainless. It would depend on the size tube you want to use intercooler and how you wanted to run the pipework that woul determine price.

·
Registered
931 Posts
sweet as Louis!!!

take a vid for me dude ;)

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
What kind of numbers are you expecting once it gets going ? If I were to take a guess with 12psi, maybe 175 RWHP ? Considering it most likely made around 130 in newer stock trim.

·
Registered
931 Posts
looks mint mate!!! well done

1 - 20 of 146 Posts