Mazda World Forum banner

101 - 120 of 146 Posts

·
Registered
709 Posts
Nice, what size stall did you end up going with?

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #106 ·
The Auto was sent to MV Automatics in S.A for a stage two build with a manual valvebody and 2800rpm stall.

Also had the Mazda 929 mechanical spedo drive fitted into the toyota auto which had a digital sensor.

Box is now back in the Luce with a new two peice tailshaft.

She is slowly coming together

·
Registered
709 Posts
Awesome. Should pack a decent punch when its done.

·
Registered
931 Posts
thats awesome man. Well done!

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #110 ·
Thanks guys, hopefully i'll update a bit more than last time.

intense, really grat work.... though it makes me sad, that mazda has no viable options for power plants :stretcher:[/b]
There is always the DOHC V6.... my brother and i bought a complete DOHC 929 that we are keeping for parts even though it only has 110kms.

the plan is the pull the 2.0L JFT out of his Black Luce and bolt the 3.0L DOHC in. From there it's just a matter of fitting a turbo to either bank with an aftermarket computer.

So it's possible to have a 3.0L DOHC twin turbo all bolted in the way Mazda planned and should also stay road legal in the Luce.

Once we eventually start on the Black Luce i will have to start a build thread.

PS i may be making some adjustable camber arms for the rear to help with the traction. I'm happy to make up a few sets if there is interest.... Nine2nine i'm sure you will be keen.

·
Registered
709 Posts
PS i may be making some adjustable camber arms for the rear to help with the traction. I'm happy to make up a few sets if there is interest.... Nine2nine i'm sure you will be keen.[/b]
Very keen!

·
Registered
96 Posts
WOW!!! This build is getting exciting! I'm SO surprised I've never stumbled across this before! It was a build idea to shoehorn a Lexus 8 into a HC.. now I'll have to try something else :p

Maybe the Quad Cam Nissan 8 ;)

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #114 ·
WOW!!! This build is getting exciting! I'm SO surprised I've never stumbled across this before! It was a build idea to shoehorn a Lexus 8 into a HC.. now I'll have to try something else :p

Maybe the Quad Cam Nissan 8 ;)[/b]

Cheers, the Nissan v8 is a little bigger at 4.5L which would make a good base.

The turbo is now mounted on the manifold and ready for the rest of the plumbing.
This is pretty much where it will sit with the airfilter going through the factory intercooler holes behind the bar.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

·
Registered
96 Posts
LOOOOKAADIIIIIIIIIIIIISSSSSSSSHHHHH!!!! :D

How tough is the dish on them rims!

Nice bike, too :)

·
Registered
709 Posts
Looking awesome, will be real tidy when your done. Is the crossover pipe stainless, and the others steam pipe? What AR is the rear on the turbo? Cheers.

101 - 120 of 146 Posts