Mazda World Forum banner

141 - 146 of 146 Posts

·
Registered
709 Posts
Cool. What are you doing for gearbox and diff?

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #142
Cool. What are you doing for gearbox and diff?
Still running the Lexus/Toyota A340 - MV Automatics did their stage two build on it. They said it will support 400rwkw and up to 10.5's down the quater.

Diff is FD Torsen with 4.1 final - probably going to be too short for this setup.
Nine2nine do you know how much they'll take?

I guess it depends on how sticky the tyres are as to how much it will all take... The minute you bolt slicks on you will break ****.

·
Registered
709 Posts
I've read it's only around 300-350rwhp, so I want to ditch mine before I register it. Will change to 3.9's while I'm at it. Really wanted a auto-locking Detroit style diff but can't seem to find anyone that makes one for an rx7.

Jealous of the built box. Mate has one that's going behind a blown 1UZ in a supra. I got his old 4k when he ripped the 2j out.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #144
Ahhh most of the case of the Torsens blowing up all involve report of axle tramp.
Apparently that kills them faster than any amount of HP.

Might just see how i go with the FD centre for now
Wouldn't be the first time i've blown a diff.... The original Luce diff came out in chunks :)

I've heard good things about the Cusco centres and Kaaz to a lesser extent, have you considered those?

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #146
Kyle i actually picked up the BBS rims for almost nothing.... so i've just got the gutter rash taken out and polished up.

Car is in the panel shop now getting fixed up and the new engine is just sitting there waiting to go back in....

141 - 146 of 146 Posts