Mazda World Forum banner

141 - 160 of 189 Posts

·
Registered
849 Posts
dude dude dude.

dont use wheel spacers

especialy the ones like that that dont have the inner lip for the wheels to seat on.

wheel studs are not designed to handle the weight of a car at all..

and if your planning to goto the WSID again i definetly wouldnt be using them..

when they break they do a shit load of damage.

they are not legal on a road going vehicle in australia at all cause of there safety concerns..

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #142 ·
dude dude dude.

dont use wheel spacers

especialy the ones like that that dont have the inner lip for the wheels to seat on.

wheel studs are not designed to handle the weight of a car at all..

and if your planning to goto the WSID again i definetly wouldnt be using them..

when they break they do a shit load of damage.

they are not legal on a road going vehicle in australia at all cause of there safety concerns..[/b]
Hmmm...that's a good point, the spacers don't have the hub centric lip to mount the wheel on. I vaguely recall seeing that you can get extended ones tho, that are designed to fit inside this kind of spacer....I'll have to look into it/

·
Registered
709 Posts
Hey mate, would u be able to post up the dyno graph from your car, and what diff gears does it have? Cheers.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #145 ·
Hey mate, would u be able to post up the dyno graph from your car, and what diff gears does it have? Cheers.[/b]
Diff gears are 4.1.

Dyno chart I'll try to find...I haven't seen it in a while :D

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #146 ·
Luce update!

I've ordered a set of these KICS hubcentric adapters that go in the middle of the bolt on spacers, with these in place, the wheels should be as well supported as stock.

Also recently I've noticed a small radiator leak. Coolant weeps out from the top tank and collects on the floor.

The radiator was reconditioned last yr (by a A Radiator Shop Who Shall Remain Nameless) when the engine was being rebuilt, and it seems that they did a poor job. The chocolate brown discolouration of the header tank is a sign that the plastic is aged and fatigued and is about to let go. Also the radiator had some corrosion and was repaired with epoxy, which is just a dodgy short term solution and is starting to leak.

So the whole radiator has been trashed and a new custom one made up by Natrad Chatswood. You can't just get replacement 13B Luce radiators off the shelf so it had to me made up of a mix and match combination of core and end tanks but it looks great!

The core is now copper too, so it shouldn't corrode like the old one did, and they did a great job of neatly adapting the stock thermoswitches etc to the new tank.

One compromise that had to be made was that the "uiniversal" header tank hose inlet was a bit smaller than the stock hose, so they added this filter, which has a step down in diameter from inlet to outlet. It also has a mesh screen inside to trap gunge. It's not such a big deal to clean gunge out of the radiator every few yrs but it is a big deal to do the same with the heater core (usually a dash-out job) So this is a great idea, I'm not sure why I haven't heard of it before.

At the same time, the a/c was reconditioned too. A couple of workshops have had a go at it before, but it's never been "ice" cold and the gas always leaks out after a few mths. They went thru the whole system and replaced every seal and o-ring, and all the flexible lines were replaced too.

Now it's really ice cold, and I can't wait to load up the fridge with drinks and see how cold they get :D

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #148 ·
did your system have to be converted to take a different gas or is it as simple as re-filling it?

i was told my system would have to be converted and could cost alot!

also when are we going to have a Luce cruise kevin? :thumbsup:[/b]
AFAIK there wasn't anything that needed to be done except to suck out the old gas and pump in the new eco-friendly gas.

Luce cruise? We do have another opportunity at the next end of mth JDMST meet :D

·
Registered
849 Posts
nice man.

just to let you know the sign of a alloy radiator getting chewed out is poor earthing..

do a search in ausrotary for alloy radiator in tech section. i posted a huge info post on it and what can be done to prevent it happening

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #150 ·
nice man.

just to let you know the sign of a alloy radiator getting chewed out is poor earthing..

do a search in ausrotary for alloy radiator in tech section. i posted a huge info post on it and what can be done to prevent it happening[/b]
Ah right...ok will do.

But one of the first "mods" I did was to add a few extra earth straps to the motor, and an extra one from battery to chassis.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #151 ·
Out with the old (stock open diff):

In with the new (Mazdaspeed LSD):

Mazdaspeed (ok, well KAAZ on behalf of Mazdaspeed) make very good diffs. She pulls very nice drifts now and hooks up beautifully :)

·
Registered
709 Posts
Awesome mate, well done, youll have to take it back down the strip!! Does the diff still have the stock 4.11's? How much did it set u back? Cheers.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #153 ·
Yup still have the stock diff ratio and I can't wait to get it back to the strip...but with the extra traction it's quite hard to light up a burnout, which is of course the main reason for going to the drags :D

I picked up the LSD the last time I was in Japan, so it was pretty cheap.

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
so that LSD was meant for the FC i assume.

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
so essentialy we can swap in any OEM FC LSD. im not sure if this has been established...

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
dont we all love closure.

·
Registered
790 Posts
thank you :notworthy:

141 - 160 of 189 Posts