Mazda World Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 1989 mazda 626 lx touring sedan and i have 2 questions. first, what is the spealer size in the rear? i have a hatchback and the crutchfield.com website said i had 6 1/2" round. is hat right? i dont remember. and also, i saw a service bulliten about my model of car idleing a little rough when in drive and sitting still. mine does that. i dont know why. she runs great though and all the belts are new and i have replaced lots of stuff but i dont know what the deal is. also, she shifts great too. just idles rough a little. thank you for your help.

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Generally rear speakers are 5x7s or 6x9s. You can usually tell if you just look inside the trunk, if they are mounted on the rear deck. The size is written right on them.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
:wacko:

i put in new speakers a while ago and i think they were 5 1/4" but i dont remember. and then the crutchfield site telling me they were 6 1/2" . now i am really confused. also, any idea about my idle?

·
Registered
9 Posts
I used to own '89 626 LX and it used to slightly vibrate when I would stop at the traffic light and keep it in drive... so i used to put it in neutral. I heard it is common problem with this model, but it kept doing it for as long as I owned the car (6 years) and didn't cause any problems, just a little annoying :wacko:
Overall, it is a great car! I bought it with 73K miles and brought it to 185K with no major problems, only replaced radiator once.
It just wouldn't die, so I donated it :)

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
you should be able to put 6 1/2" in there without a problem... Crutchfield has never failed me in the speaker sizing department.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I have a 89 626 sedan. The opening for the rear speakers in that is 6 1/2". It should be the same for the hatch back. The front carries 4" speakers

My 626 has a rough idle when stopping also. My car has 2.0 carb engine not the 2.2 FI. The cause of rough idling is a defective anti-afterburn valve. I have been unable to locate a replacement so I removed it and plugged the two hoses it was attached to. It idles much better now but still not perfect.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts