Mazda World Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Mazda 3 2020 and the navigation guidance audio is not working although i turned on all the settings and volume. And yet i can hear the voice when it is saying route recalculation, but it does no audio instructions for the turns required to drive the route. Any suggestions? Thank you so much!

·
Registered
32 Posts
I would double check your phone/in-app settings and then check the vehicle's voice/sound settings. if both of those are set up the way you want it then the vehicle may need an infotainment update. There is also a recall out for connected services in which multiple modules including the infotainment system are updated.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thank you so much for this! makes perfect sense - it is the only thing i can think about myself too. it is a matter of an update of the system itself. though it worked perfectly at the beginning. will certainly check the phone settings too and make sure all is such that it allows the car system to override the phone. may i ask whether you had any phone settings in mind in particular? i have an android thing and use the android auto app... if you have any further ideas, i should be grateful. with many thanks indeed!

·
Registered
32 Posts
thank you so much for this! makes perfect sense - it is the only thing i can think about myself too. it is a matter of an update of the system itself. though it worked perfectly at the beginning. will certainly check the phone settings too and make sure all is such that it allows the car system to override the phone. may i ask whether you had any phone settings in mind in particular? i have an android thing and use the android auto app... if you have any further ideas, i should be grateful. with many thanks indeed!
I do not have an android phone so I'm not too sure on that end but I would start with the in-app settings depending on what app you use and then look for the voice/sound settings. also I believe the android auto DOES require that update to function properly.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am convinced you are right. I told them; they do not seem to have a clue at Mazda. The phone app is not the issue. it turned it al off, and it makes no difference. Warm regards!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Just so you can mention to your dealer the newest update should be 11012. you an check what version you have by going into the settings, scrolling down to system settings and selecting version information towards the bottom.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thank you so much! it is a great car in every way, i find. but there is so much software on them now that you drown in settings and things and get stuck... warmest wishes - hope all is well where you are! it is madness around Europe.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts