Mazda World Forum banner

Need advise on replacing the SC

852 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  skyjockey70 
#1 ·
I have checked the front air cooler and found about a tea spoon or more of oil in it. So my suspicions are that the seals are gone and my foggy start ups are caused by this. Also the vanes in the SC are covered with a film of oil. I have a wrecking yard replacement that looks to be a good replacement, vanes are dry, and no oily residue present. So figured I could not go wrong. Have read the tech secion on the replacement, So I am asking is it worth the time? It is using a lot of oil. Maybe 500 miles per gt. No smoke after it starts to warm up, but a bit sluggish at times, like the oil is fouling spark plugs on acceleration, and dumps a oily haze.
SO what do you'll think?
Thanks for your advice.

#2 ·
Niv..
I am contemplating doing an S/C swap on the better of my 2 Milly S’s. I have a loud bad knock on it from startup and it barely runs with CEL flashing. I have a few spare S/C’s. Guess next thing to do is pull the serp belt off of charger and confirm the bad knock subsides.

cant believe I still have 2 of these ‘classic’ vehicles.
Ted

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.