Mazda World Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, I have a 1989 Mazda 626 FE 12 Valve 2.0L carb. It is misfiring but not always and not hard just slightly. I have changed the spark plugs, plug wires distributor cap and rotor but the same thing keeps happening. Someone checked the carbuerator for me and said it wasnt that either..... Someone else said I may have gotten defective spark plug wires. I have ordered another set of plug wires to verify this. Currently the car is idling at a higher RPM than normally, if it adjusted to the correct RPM it will cut-off when the misfiring takes place.

Please anyone, give me some suggestions on what else might be the problem.

Thanks

·
Registered
74 Posts
Are you sure its not the carburetor? The choke may not be set properly. How about the ignition timing? Fuel filter, vacuum leak? EGR valve stuck open? Fuel pressure regulator operating at too low pressure. Hope this helps?

·
Registered
329 Posts
Are you back firing while comin to a stop? Or from a stop trying to accelerate?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Its not really back firing......its more of a hesitation in the idling.....almost like one of the plugs not getting enough current for the spark..........

·
Registered
329 Posts
It could be your Throttle Possition Sensor, usly when that goes bad, the cars idle gets week and will somtimes stall out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts