Mazda World Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
You may need to remove your multi-switch and remove the headlight switch from it and clean & re-lube the contact points inside of it. Here's a few pictures to show what switch to remove....

·
Registered
9 Posts
You're welcome.
I bought a 1986 B2000 that the parking lights were "wired" to come on when the headlights were turned on. They would not turn on when just the parking lights switch was on......a previous owner ran a wire from the driver's side headlight socket, into the driver's side parking light socket, so when the headlight switch was on, they back fed the parking lights.

When I removed the previous owner's wire, no parking lights would come on.......so while troubleshooting this, I found out that the headlight switch "points" were the reason for the issue. Once I took it all apart, cleaned everything, and re-lubed the areas within the switch that are needed, the switch has been working as designed ever since.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Yep, and when that contact is bad/open, then not only no parking lights but also no tail lights or instrument panel lights.

Lack of instrument panel lighting is the clue that you have no tail lights, most vehicles.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts