Mazda World Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys i searched the forums but no answer to be found. i saw a couple of post but nobody answered them, my problem is that my radio and cd changer are not working there seems to be no power going to it. before i died it went off a couple of times but after a little while of driving it came back but now it is not coming back not power to it. i checked the fuse the there is not broken wire in the fuse i even try a different 5 amp fuse but still nothing.

thanks you guys in advance, i got very good helped here before i hope i can get lucky again with some help lol. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Did you unplug the harness and check for voltage? Would check that first to determine if it's the car or the radio.

Red =12V switched, Yellow =12V continuous, Chassis Ground.
more pin out info here... http://www.installdr.com/QuickWiring.html[/b]

thanks for your quick reply mray, sorry i haven't answer back been busy working, going to work with no music sucks it is too quiet.

now when you say unplug the harness, i have to take the radio out so that i could check for voltage, and then if that's the case i would have to buy a voltage meter or find someone that has one. another way i could find out

if it is the car how what do u mean

thanks again mray.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Yes, You will need to pull the radio out of the dash to check the connections. Is a good idea to just re-seat the connections anyway. If your not comfortable doing this there are many electronics shops that install radios that can do the test.

The only other thing to double check first is the fuses.

If its the car not delivering power then you have to hunt down the open/short.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, You will need to pull the radio out of the dash to check the connections. Is a good idea to just re-seat the connections anyway. If your not comfortable doing this there are many electronics shops that install radios that can do the test.

The only other thing to double check first is the fuses.

If its the car not delivering power then you have to hunt down the open/short.[/b]
another thing i noticed is that i can eject and load the cd's but i can't still turn the radio on. i will try to pull the radio off when i get some time i hope it's soon the ride to work is getting depresing, lol

and i will double check the fuse

thanks mray

·
Registered
13 Posts
What year is the Trib?

another thing i noticed is that i can eject and load the cd's but i can't still turn the radio on. i will try to pull the radio off when i get some time i hope it's soon the ride to work is getting depresing, lol

and i will double check the fuse

thanks mray[/b]

·
Registered
1 Posts
Mazda car radio

I have the same problem on a 2008 Mazda 5. The battery has just been replaced and the radio will not power on. The battery has been checked and it is ok, and the cd will eject.
I am wondering if there is another fuse somewhere the could have blown.
Anyone has an answer?
Any help would be appreciated, Thanks

Mike

·
Registered
1 Posts
Mazda 5 20072.0diesel

Mine the same,, radio unresponsive, any button on radio faceplate.. Check all fuses, under bonnet and drivers side are fine. Remove cd/radio and disconnect plug, check plug all ok(check by a guy who had store for car parts).. One guy told me fuse at back of radio itself... Anyone can help, please..

·
Registered
2 Posts
Mazda 5 20072.0diesel

Mine the same,, radio unresponsive, any button on radio faceplate.. Check all fuses, under bonnet and drivers side are fine. Remove cd/radio and disconnect plug, check plug all ok(check by a guy who had store for car parts).. One guy told me fuse at back of radio itself... Anyone can help, please..
hi, I’m having the same problem and wondering if you fixed it and how? Thanks

1 - 10 of 10 Posts