Mazda World Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
990 Posts
Nope, with the key in on, the oil light is on. The moment the engine starts it goes off. Even following an oil change. I have seen other cars where it takes a few seconds to build pressure. I let the engine idle for a short time on a cold start, and a few minutes on very cold days. Usually I wait for the RPM's to drop below 1500, and 1250 if I have time to spare. I am still considering an oil pressure gauge, but it would be part of another project that I don't want to spend the money on right now.

·
Registered
478 Posts
it just became illegal to idle your car in NY.... :huh:[/b]
http://www.silive.com/news/index.ssf/2009/...ugh_on_idl.html
I can't believe they can ticket you for letting your car idle on your private property. New York is insane. I wonder if theres an exception for remote started cars. They pose no danger whatsoever. And the cop couldn't take out the key either :p cause theres no key.

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
I did it many many years ago. I got the pressure sensor from McMaster and ran it to a 1"x2" lcd panel I had sitting around in my parts bin. The sensor was around $15 iirc. I ran a braided hose off the block to a tee. I attached my OEM sender and the aftermarket one to it. At the time I didn't know if the OEM sensor affected anything other than the light.

You can pick up an electric sender and cool gauge off Ebay all day long for ~$20-30.

Where did you get the digital transducer one and how do you get its readings?[/b]

·
Registered
647 Posts
I did it many many years ago. I got the pressure sensor from McMaster and ran it to a 1"x2" lcd panel I had sitting around in my parts bin. The sensor was around $15 iirc. I ran a braided hose off the block to a tee. I attached my OEM sender and the aftermarket one to it. At the time I didn't know if the OEM sensor affected anything other than the light.

You can pick up an electric sender and cool gauge off Ebay all day long for ~$20-30.[/b]
Still - sounds like an interesting piece. I'll search eBay - you say for "electric sender"??

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am having a similar problem with my 2002 Mazda Tribute. Once the engine warms up the oil light will come on or flicker at the 800rpm idle but once the engine goes to 1000rpm it goes out. Would this be the sensor also.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2009 Mazda 3i my oil light started coming on yesterday stop like it would Flicker and I would have to give it some gas to keep the motor running I tried to make it home it shut down on me I wasn't going to start it again. Now what caused this all of the sudden problem is that a short or is that oil pressure. When I got it home jacked it up I dropped the oil , Ellie block had plenty of oil in it the oil filter had less than half I mean I didn't even get my hands dirty to pull the oil filter off there was no oil to run out

21 - 28 of 28 Posts