Mazda World Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want a twin turbo rotary powered pocket rocket! Last generation of course. Body shape of the last gen just turns me on so bad! Still pricey used. :)

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Yea they are rare to find, so they are going to be a tad more expensive.

Expect that price to fall when the RX-8 is released though.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'll keep an eye on a near future potential buy. :D
I wished I had the one on The Fast And The Furious. Shave my head and look cool. ^_^

·
Registered
4 Posts
forget not to respect the oldie-but-goodies of the 1980's: the SA/FB (rotary-hard-top-grand-daddy-of-the-Miata), and the FC (my-personal-king-of-1980's-sports-cars)... :D

but yes, the FC is my dream car, whilst the FD my wet dream car :p

·
Registered
53 Posts
I don't know if the release of the RX-8 is really going to drop the price on the FD that much. They have different appeals. The RX-8 is a great sports sedan, smooth power, well handling, sleek, with a beautiful interior. I think it'll do really well. The FD, however, is a bit more of a power machine. The twin-turbos give it a whole different character. The RX-8 isn't a replacement for the RX-7 in any way.

·
Registered
2 Posts
:) hello i am a newbie have a 85rx7 need some info on smog cert. needed now. what is the most likely problems that i will encounter and how not to be taken by repair or smog test only results being ligit. $'s anyone can give me suggestion or help tips ect please feel free to exspress need all help, thanks rx7jules in Modesto Ca. ;)

·
Registered
197 Posts
The most common problem on emissions for that model was the air control valve and the converter. You can do away with all the pre-cats and put a pipe in their place then an aftermarket main. I'm afraid the air control valve is a dealer only part and expensive. You will not be able to find a good used one i'm afraid. ACV is around $500.00 I seriously doubt an emission repair facility will know much about an RX7. They are totally different than most cars and most techs are lost on them.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts