Mazda World Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:frown::frown::frown:

Hi Guys,
I'm new to the forum. Owned a Xedos 6 a few years ago and managed 197k miles on the thing... superb car. Always fancied the Miller, but couldn't afford one. Then one came along on eBay for £400 uk pounds... incredible... so done the mods below over the last couple of weeks including cambelt and replaced all tensioners and she's running perfectly. So, looks quiet on here, but I suppose that's what you get with a niche car... plenty of information on here, so will read up.

Cheers everyone :nerd:

·
Registered
775 Posts
That for sure is a nice well kept Mazda. Overall these are reliable solid cars. Looks like you have the champagne mica with some upgrades, nice find.
TomK

·
Registered
120 Posts
Great pics of your beautiful Millenia. Nice work on the timing set

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cheers fellas. Yeah it's took quite a bit of Mauires wax and tender lovin care to get her to this state. When I bought her 3 weeks ago, she's been sat idle for over a year on someones drive. Was covered in moss, tree sap, the usual you know how it is. Seized caliper, flat spot on engine, 9 year old timing belt... etc etc. So, thought stuff it, some elbow grease and services, strip down and put the caliper together and is perfect, then once all cleaned up and mechanically given the seal of approval as solid ( my mechanic who works on my RX8 couldn't believe just how rust free it was especially the underneath, not a spec!).

So, then over a week, cleaned, restored the pain and waxed 2-3 times and here she is... did the new rotors and pads and painted calipers etc... well happy. Amazed how many glances she gets!!! However, only getting 22mpg!!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Cheers fellas. Yeah it's took quite a bit of Mauires wax and tender lovin care to get her to this state. When I bought her 3 weeks ago, she's been sat idle for over a year on someones drive. Was covered in moss, tree sap, the usual you know how it is. Seized caliper, flat spot on engine, 9 year old timing belt... etc etc. So, thought stuff it, some elbow grease and services, strip down and put the caliper together and is perfect, then once all cleaned up and mechanically given the seal of approval as solid ( my mechanic who works on my RX8 couldn't believe just how rust free it was especially the underneath, not a spec!).

So, then over a week, cleaned, restored the pain and waxed 2-3 times and here she is... did the new rotors and pads and painted calipers etc... well happy. Amazed how many glances she gets!!! However, only getting 22mpg!!!
Looks amazing man, keep up the good work. Do you have any future plans?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Not sure on plans at moment, just want it 100% reliable for now... been having a nightmare with my RX8 (blown engine) and Jeep Gran Cherokee (on 3rd gearbox)... and just want comfort for work. Shame you can't fiddle much with engine, but just want the LPG conversion fixed which will lower running costs even further. Loving the car at the moment, but like I said, the MPG figures out the book once again are fictional.

However feel free to give me any additional upgrades or things you guys would do!

·
Registered
775 Posts
When I was driving mine in about 80 highway 20 city driving I was getting around 27 mpg. Mostly city type driving down to about 24 mpg. Make sure you get the filters changed and may want to check all of the tune up things (filters, plugs, wires, sticky rear brake caliper, etc.) Just try not to race any of those Honda's can help improve mileage. :)
TomK

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thinking of wrapping the wood effect trim inside tbh, it's a bit old man for my tastes as the rest of the interior is fine. Not sure, what you guys think?

·
Registered
775 Posts
Go brushed stainless and show pics. I also want to do it but not sure how the tan interior will look with it. Maybe a darker brushed metal look.
TomK

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Go brushed stainless and show pics. I also want to do it but not sure how the tan interior will look with it. Maybe a darker brushed metal look.
TomK
Mmm brushed stainless... might be an option. First thing I need to do is figure out how to pop all the wood trim off... wonder how it's held in.

·
Registered
48 Posts
The "wood" peeled off the conter consol trim in mine. it was the only wood grain part in the interior so i just scrapped off all the crap and glue, sanded back and spray painted it a silver / grey colour. Looks much better.

·
Registered
48 Posts
BTW its pretty easy to take off the center consol trim.
- lift out the 'bin' inside the center storage bin using a flat head on the sides
- undo the screws on the front of it that hold the handbrake trim on
- unplug the ashtray light and lift out the handbrake trim
- 2 more screws out and put it in N
- large flat head between the dash and center consol at the top near the radio on each side to release the clips
- unplug the cigar lighter and lift the center consol trim out.

Mine is metal and very sturdy, not sure if all model are metal.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Mmmm, sounds pretty easy cheers for that. Any pictures of your sprayed console now? Be interested to see what it looks like. Gonna pop all the window control trim as well, anything that's wood effect, actuyally thinking of grey/black walnut effect like used in the jags, that could look epic if done properly.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Just changed the cabin filter... christ not sure if it's ever been changed, ice cold air con now... was an absolute disgrace in there :) Still she's all done now :)

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
I'd recommend removing the cover below the glove compartment, snaps off. Then remove the 3 screws, hose, and connector on the Blower Motor. Drop the blower motor housing, take a look inside. It is probably packed with leaves and sticks (that I think drops in from the cowling). Then clean all the black dust from the blower turbine blades. Blow everything with compressed air.

That will make it A/C blow strong, and run very quiet.

Common problem on these cars is the blower assembly gets full of leaves and noisy. Remove the blower assembly, turn it upside down, and tap all the junk out. If you haven't done that before, it probably will look like a tree growing inside there.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I'd recommend removing the cover below the glove compartment, snaps off. Then remove the 3 screws, hose, and connector on the Blower Motor. Drop the blower motor housing, take a look inside. It is probably packed with leaves and sticks (that I think drops in from the cowling). Then clean all the black dust from the blower turbine blades. Blow everything with compressed air.

That will make it A/C blow strong, and run very quiet.

Common problem on these cars is the blower assembly gets full of leaves and noisy. Remove the blower assembly, turn it upside down, and tap all the junk out. If you haven't done that before, it probably will look like a tree growing inside there.
Ahhh right ok, I didn't know that. Will do this weekend then, all I did was take filter out, hoover inside the hole where the filter goes, slap new one in. Cool, cheers for advise.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well, over 5k miles into my ownership and spot on... made up she's running like a dream!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
Here's some latest piccies near a pub in leafy England... click for hires... happy she's a looker this one! She's having some boost love this Friday hopefully and a tinker!

Only 37 of these Miller engined beasts left in UK (and most of them dark blue and red so this is probably one of around around 10 left in "Champagne Mica Silver"... arguably one of the rarest cars on the road and will probably be extinct in around 3-4 years I reckon... only 115 Xedos 9's actually registered nowdays and that'll include thirty seven 2.3 Super Charged cars and sixty nine 2.5 V6.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts